Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2019, 06:27:54 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A few stumbles forward in to this new world  (Read 5861 times)

edens garden

• Walnut
Re: A few stumbles forward in to this new world
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »

I know I write expressivly... I'm a writer! I write fiction as a hobby and I'm a nautral word smith....

Natural?  ;)

Also, something you said gave me a thread idea, do you have a problem with me addressing you in a new thread?

((Just figured I ought to check, some people feel attacked when someone does that.))
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »

Messing with peoples heads, smoke and mirrors will not be tolerated well here. So just be yourself and you should get along well enough. 
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »

Interesting , well meet RS . We shall see what the future hold for you here  ;) .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Raven Sheelin

• Fir
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »

The smoke and mirrors incedent happened a long time ago. I've grown up a lot since. Like I said that was before I was apart of this faith.

And that would all depend on the subject matter on the thread.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

The smoke and mirrors incedent happened a long time ago. I've grown up a lot since. Like I said that was before I was apart of this faith.

And that would all depend on the subject matter on the thread.

No it doesn't, we joke around, but we do not lie to each other or " mess with each others heads".
Is this perfectly clear? What faith are you? If you are Wicca, tell us what you know of it.

What do you seek?

Raven Sheelin

• Fir
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

I would not mess with anyone's head here. Nor anyone who didn't completly piss me off with total ignorance and stubborn stupidity. So let's drop that subject. it was a rather gross practical joke. And let's end it there.

I was Catholic... But after a long time of hating myself, loathing my faith that had been shoved down my throat for so long and despising all it stood for and keeping it to myself that I'd stopped believing in God, saw him as nothing more then a man made tyrant.

I snapped and finally told a best friend everything i'd been holding back. Trying to help and get my mind off it she took me to another friends house whose entire family was Pagan and had been for many generations. Somehow we got on the subject and the mother of friend took me under her wing. Her name was Stephine.

I was upset because I felt lost and abandoned by all faiths as the ones I knew of at the time all seemed the same and I found believing in nothing was too bleak to accept.

Stephine listened to me and hugged me and told me about her faith. At first it sounded magical, if you pardon the very bad pun, and I told her I'd like to learn more. She told mr that she couldn't teach me herself but she knew someone who could.

Her son and my best friend took me to a store called Witchy Wearables, where we watched a ritual and got a reading and the acceptance I got from those people was all but overwhelming. I learned they all had a simalar story to me and they took me in as if I was family.

David took it upon him self to teach me what has been passed down through his family for generations. He is a Priest of the Grove I learn from, but I am more so his personal student. His entire family is Cheerokee Indian. He is currently teaching me everything he can that his grandmother taught him.

Sadly he lives far away and I can only be in contact with him very sparingly. To a point where he can only hold a class once a month and I can only see him maybe a few more times privately as I have work, college classes and my parents who I live with as I do not have the money to live on my own at the time, do not know that I have left the catholic faith. Nor do I plan on telling them or anyone in my family.

This all started less than a year ago so I've haven't had much time to learn a lot. What I do know is spotty and scattered,

I know my guides and I know what they are here for and what they do, along with what some of them symbolize. I know what different mythical animals and being are and where they came from and with a few I know there stories as to how they where made. I also can with some accuracy tell you what seeing them could possibly mean.

I know several gods and goddess what their powers are and where they orignated, Greek/Roman, Norse, Celtic, and a handful of Egyptian ones.

I know what some symbols mean and their names, others I recignize and know where they come from. Some I need to see to know what they are.

Tarot cards are my worst weak spot, I need help when reading them as I haven't had much practice with them.

Incense I am much better with, I know their scents fairly well and what to use them for, I know that they set the stage for rituals and are used to focus and attar act influences from spiritual planes. David made damn sure I knew what to use for what... He'd flip his lid if I made a mistake with incense.

Allspice- use for money, luck, renewal and compassion, fertility and determination.

Naga Champa- sacred rituals only

Arabic gum- used in purification rituals and is very protective

Rose- affection relieves anger jealously and grief.

Amber- also called Ambrosia, food of the gods in greek mythology, if memory servers...For personal healing, exorcism, prosperity and chronic illness.

Benzoin- drives off evil spirits, and melts blockages.

Sage- purification mainly it's used to cleanse rooms before rituals. Love the smell of it. I have no idea why.

Cinnamon- draws in money and love and enhances psychic powers.Will knock you to your knees if you use to much of it I know this from experence.

Copal- breaks other spells

Jasmine- one of my favorites relieves tention, gives trust and love.

Khus-Khus- Egyption scent for spiritual balance and burns the hell out of my eyes and nose for some reason... A friend of mine uses it a lot and he reeks of it. I swear he must bathe in it because it's like you hit an invisible wall and that all you smell.

Musk - smells awful to me, just horrible I have no idea how the hell it's an aphrodisiac!To me it smells more like piss then anything.

Dragons blood- used to invoke love and honesty. Cleansing and protection and sexual potency. It's very powerful and personally to me smells more like Dragons Breath

Honeysuckle- thats for Clairvoyance and luck, memory and wisedom.

I know a bit more but those things are what my mentor has taught me in private... I dont feel comfortable revealing the knowledge that he has entrusted to me and me alone. I hope you understand.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »

Thank-you Raven, was that so hard. No more drama and fairytales. Show respect and it will be
returned to you. When I asked you what your faith was, all you had to say was pagan.

What do you seek?

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:18 AM »

By walking away from Catholicism, you're turning your back on what is certainly the most Pagan religion I've ever come across.  You dont have to scratch it's skin very deeply to realise there's very little in it's entire canon that doesn't have it's origins and roots buried in the myriad of smaller, and far older traditions that it claims to have replaced.

The whole Catholic calender is still begun at Easter every year, and the date of Easter (Or Oestre) is worked out annualy according to the Lunar phase. (On the Suday closest to the first full moon after Lent) Easter itself is the Holy day of Astarte (or Ishtar) the unimaginably ancient Babylonian Goddess who presided over the Matriarchal Temples of Persia when the God of Abraham only had a tiny little Cult of superstitious desert dwelling goat herders to his name.

And then there's wossname, Jesus, who is just the latest in a long and illustrious line of initiated Sun Kings, who were always ritually slain at Easter, only to be resurrected on the third day when they ascended to whatever heaven was subscribed to at the time. All of whom were then adopted as the Avatar of the next Solar passage, or house of the Zodiac.

Before that there were a whole bunch of sacrificial Sun Heros who used the same Easter festival, for the same three day resurrection gimmick, and who were all dedicated to the same Sun as the Christ. Tammuz, Adonai, Attis, Brahma, Mithra, Ahura-Mazda, Serapis, Apollo, Osirus, Horus, Athom, Bel, Baal, Bul, Krsna, loads of them. And they all resolve into SolarTrinities.

So the Catholic Feasts of Easter, (Oestra) The Assumption, (formerly called "the passage of the virgin") Christmas, (Sol Invictus) were simply embraced by St Peter, given some new clothes, and sent back out to do the same job. The Christian Saints are usually no more than particularly popular regional Gods, that The Church sanctioned, then beautified, assigned one of the ancient feast days, renamed, and business as usual.

All the Pagan Gods of the ancients, resolve themselves in the Divine Solar Fire, and Jesus is no different. Ancient History is also full of Solar Trinitys, so Mother Church just followed with tradition, and deified "Father, Son, and Spook" into one supreme being. Lifted straight from what had gone before.

See how the regenerative principle of the Sun that lies at the heart of all the Pagan mysteries, simply changed it's robes, and took over from the recumbent paradigm? (Mithraism) Man's Spiritual development follows the same Heliocentric model that the Solar system does.

Even the Cross they nailed Jesus up to attests to this. The four arms representing the four quarter days that birthed the first calender. The cross divided the circle of sky that the sun described every year into four seasons, and by marking these days, we were able to develop Agriculture. Seasons. Harvests.

And then, by default, in came all those Ball breaking Corn Goddesses demanding sacrifices in order to keep the crops rolling in. Where else do you sacrifice your Sun Hero, but on the cross, nailed to the sky, and raised up to the Divine Sun?   

Jesus didn't sacrifice himself, he was given up as a peace offering, by the Pharisees to Pilate, to ensure that Rome didn't do to Palestine, what it did to Romania, Libya, Macedonia, Syria, and every other vassal State that allowed rebellious natives to disrupt the flow of Taxes. So only in a very cynical and underhanded way did he die for his people. And he was only the Saviour of Herod, and his corrupt Pharisee money changers, who were making a tidy sum from turning the Temples into the first ever High Street Banks.

They were, after all, Jewish, and not proscribed from the later Christian and Islamic edicts that usury was strictly forbidden. In fact, this tawdry episode was probably the reason why the later Christians and Muslims were so against it. Also because the Pharisees had taken over the Persian Temples of Astarte, cast down her statues,  desecrated her Altars, and co-erced her last High Priestess (Salome) to "dance for Pilate and Rome".

Thereby, Astarte's Holy of Holys was defiled, revealing the Temple's inner Sanctum to a Man for the first time. Up until then, the administration of Astarte's Temples was solely in the hands of Astarte's Priestesses. Who made their living by offering their bodies carnally to passing Pilgrims, who would then donate a few shekels for the Roof fund. After their revenue source was revealed, the Pharisees moved in, enslaved the Priestesses, and whored them out to the occupying Roman elites. Like Pilate. Pimping was born. Banking was born. A token scapegoat was offered up as a blood price, first, John the Baptist, (who to be fair, was busy raising up a Zealot Army in the Desert) and then, as a sycophantic, and unasked for bonus, they tried to get Jesus, (John's next of kin, and already driving their Pimps out of the Temples) set up as a Rebel, by saying to Pilate, "This Man claims to be King of the Jews" even over Caesar. And Pilate, who was just concerened with raising revenues, summoned this so called King to him, and asked where his Kingdom was. The famous reply, that absolved him from being a rebel under Roman Law, "My Kingdom is not of this Earth". Pilate "washed his hands" of the whole business then telling the Pharisees  so long as "That which was Caesar's, was rendered unto Caesar" Jesus had broken no Roman Law.

Or put more simply, Pilate said "Herod, take your pious, handwringing taxmen,piss off, and stop wasting my valuable time with your stupid internal politics. I couldn't give a rat's arse who rules over Men's souls as long as YOU, as GOVERNER, keep the Taxes rolling in. have you GOT THAT ???

This ensured that if Herod wanted Jesus (who was quite liked, by at least 5000 fish sandwich eating Galileans) out of the way, then he wouldn't be able to use the Romans to do it for him. And this would threaten his position as No1 Galilean collaborator to Rome, and possibly cost him his life too. But if he just let Jesus go, his lucriative Brothels would be shut down by Jesus, and Johnny Baptist's zealots. 
So he resolved to kill Jesus anyway, but staged that "I'm so right on, I shall release any Prisoner that my people want freed" stunt.

A shout from the Zealot end for Jesus' release would blow Jesus' cover as the inheritor of John's place, as leader of the Zeaots Army. So instead of his name, they called out his title, that was only known among the Rebels. "Release The Son of the Father" they cried out. Or in Aramaic, "Release Bar-Abbas". This suited Herod, and he grabbed the nearest patsy from the prisoners, and said, "Here, I shall release this thief Barrabbas, since you ask" stymieing the rabble zealots, and conveniently allowing J's crucifixion to go ahead. It was unprecedented for Jews to crucify Jews. Crucifixion was a wholly Roman thing, and only reserved for rebels and runaway slaves as it's barbarity was a useful deterrent, because the locals really hated this sign of Roman oppression.

Jews always carried out Death sentences with the  far more civilised method, of burying a fellow up to his waist, then they'd all stand round and chuck rocks at him until he was dead. But Pilate had to:
A / Placate the Temples of Astarte, with a suitable gesture of sacrifice and remorse.
B /Remove Jesus as a figurehead for the Rebels to rally behind.

So he took the pre-requisite Solar sacrifical trinity of 3 men, one of whom was  "King   of the Jews" (See his crown?) then in full view of the people, who's scapegoat he was, Crown him as King with a real Crown, (Thorns, yeah, but who cares?) then drag him through town before everyone, to the ancient sacrificial grounds of the Temples, the "Mount of Skulls" (Golgotha)  nail him up to the sacred cross of the sky, with his Crown upon his head, before the symbolic setting of the the Divine Sun, meaning if the Sun went down as usual, then the sacrifice had been accepted and Herod could sleep a little sounder in his bed.

So you see, if that isn't enough Paganism to keep the Pagans in the pews of this  nice new "All encompassing" Church I'm building 'pon this 'ere rock, Then my name's not Pope Petrus the first. Now turn to page 216 of your hymnbooks, and join us in a nice rousing chorus of "Rocck of Ages"
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 06:42:16 AM »

Simple question you said in your op that you were a daughter of the Dark Lady , did you find her or did she come to you ?.
One thing also don'tburn copal inside it makes  a dense cloud of smaoke and leaves resin all over the place.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:44:20 PM by oldghost »
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »

And with Serps usual eloquence he has just highlighted another reason why the church hates Pagans. Do you think they would tell you the truth about their path? and how they came to be? Whereas, we have no problem in revealing what it was all about and leave you decide whether you want to embrace that or not. We will not preach, or try to draw you into our paths, That is left entirely up to you.

Much of what you read against the church can be found if one would look, much to the dismay of those ecclisiastical clerics of Pagan hatred.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:52 AM »

So there you have it Raven. Truth, with all the fairytales stripped away.

What do you seek?

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »

You say that, like truth and fairytales are mutually exclusive.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »

Well Serp, of course truth and fairytales are intertwined....the Discovery Channel AND Animal Planet proved that mermaids still exist and not just as manatees.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »

How do Mermaids breed without any genitalia?? I didn't think of that the first time I caught one. Took her home, thinking I was on a promise! Nearly two weeks she stayed. Right lazy cow too. Just flopped around in front of the TV all day, stinking the place up with her rank, fishy bits. I just throw em back these days.

eta: Had to burn my sofa afterwards too. Not all the febreze in the world would touch that stinky minky rotting fish smell. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:54:23 PM by Serpentium »

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 02:58:09 PM »

Well Serp, of course truth and fairytales are intertwined....the Discovery Channel AND Animal Planet proved that mermaids still exist and not just as manatees.

I would love to see these...discoveries. would you mind finding them for me?
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up