Welcome, Guest
May 25, 2018, 12:22:21 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gardening with Spelling in Mind  (Read 41 times)

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
Gardening with Spelling in Mind
« on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »

It is that time of year and I am planting my garden.  In addition to vegetables and herbs for the table, I also grow herbs and flowers for spelling thru out the year.  I'm wondering if anyone else grows some or all of their own ingredients for spell work? 

If you do, what do you grow?

I raise all the basic herbs, basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, lavender but have added garlic, tumeric, ginger, mugwort and st john's wort. 

For flowers, I have iris, honeysuckle, wild lavender, we encouraged the dandelions and I made good use of the greens.  I have planted chamomile and calendula.  There were roses, daffodils already here. 

In the back of the property I have wild ferns, violets, tons of clover and I'm not sure past that.  We closed on the property in August last year so I did not see what was here wild in the spring.

I was curious what others were doing in their gardens, pots, windowsills or forages.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
Re: Gardening with Spelling in Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »

I'm starting my cannabis plants; I use them to make hashish for my wife. She has chronic pain and it very effectively reduces her pain, inflammation and neuropathy.  I love to watch them grow. It's such a powerful herb for healing almost anything associated with autoimmune disorders.  It gives me a lot of pleasure to grow her medicine, process it and administer it.  I've become a pretty good lay Cannabist.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Gardening with Spelling in Mind
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:47:53 AM »

When I was young I had three plants I sprouted from seed, and they were taking on really well; Until one day my mother found out there was no such thing as Jamaican fern  ;D

Khara, I would love to be able to grow my own stuff, but unfortunately I seem to be one of those people who does not do well with gardening or plant growing. Hell, I even killed my own bonsai trees!  :-[
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up