Welcome, Guest
October 21, 2018, 12:07:26 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Druidism  (Read 4831 times)

MaliciousLily

• Fir
Re: Druidism
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »

Most people seem to come to this site seeking new knowledge and perspectives on things, so I'm sure most people on here (including myself) would be interested to hear anything you have to say. I'm rather new to the site myself, but you can see the interest most members have in gaining new knowledge if you read through the posts. I'm sure there are many others who would like to hear a new perspective on Druidism as well. And don't worry about bringing a old topic back up, its happened before multiple times and it doesn't seem to ever bother anyone.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »

Lily has the truth of it, we are happy to resurrect our older topics, the discussions can be renewed and other newer members are made aware of their existence. So go ahead Lucifer, fill your boots and post away.... ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

Awaken the beast there LA , let it speak again . Let us again go into the dim time . Let that , that was hidden be seen again . Be one with the past where the truth was the words of those that could see beyond the folly of humans . Those who knew of the secrets of the hidden world , the place where the old knowledge was kept . Those that hold the arcane ways , those that can fathom the cryptic ways .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »

I have seen three different main sites for druid orders: OBOD, AODA, and ADF. Is there one of these I should avoid or are they all pretty much the same? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I have found things to like in each.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 10:00:16 PM »

You'll find that with regional variations of cultures and plant life all of those you named are based in main part on the writings of Ross Nichols and Philip Carr-Gomm . Now I have not heard of any bad groups . Depending on how involved you wish to get , if you just want on-line courses then go with OBOD . Now there are small Groves all over that do not act outside of their local area so those you would have to check out yourself .

Stay away from one's that practice animal sacrifice or want you to pay dues . Those that have joining fee are okay and those that charge for printed material ( with in reason ) to cover cost . Those groups that demand you follow every word of their leader are no , no's .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »

I will purchase the book that is used for the beginning of the AODA and I have purchased the introductory course for the OBOD, so that I can see what best fits best. Seems logical to pay for training just as you would for any other learning you choose to have. At least I get to sample before making any big investment.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »

Do hope you find what is right for you . Remember that you can change what you read to fit in with the local flora and fauna .

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »

I will still look into the book for AODA, but for now my path lies with OBOD. I find a great connection at this point with them after reviewing their introductory material.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »

May the path lead you to what you are looking for .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up