Welcome, Guest
February 23, 2018, 06:03:45 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The power of 3 x 3?  (Read 4877 times)

edens garden

• Walnut
Re: The power of 3 x 3?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »

Bet ya he feel the same .............hay that means he was messing with you when you were 14 that perv  ;D

Well, to be fair to him he was only sixteen, we weren't really a couple for another six months and the first two and a half years after that were long distance. So by the time any fooling started I was sixteen and a half and able to consent in my home state  :)  ;D  ;)
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »

Okay I believe you  ;) ;) .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »

Shouldn't that have been in the "Shocking Secret & Fuuny Gossip About Others" thread?? :o :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »

I guess I've forgetten newer people don't know I met a boy on the internet when I was fourteen and we are still together haha. Oh how time flies!
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »

Lucky you EG, Glad it worked out well for you both  ;)

And long may it last.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »

I can tell you it has lasted long the some marriage have by several years . Hope you two grow old together . Best wishes .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »

We'll let EG and her boyfriend (Piper and Leo) have the master bedroom, since Aly ( Paige) has red hair she gets Paiges room, which looks really nice. Since I've always loved Phoebe's room
I'll take that one. Since there may be more than just 3 people living there, that makes the cuts smaller. I'm sure I've got a couple million in savings.

I love San Francisco. Fantasy is fun. If only it were real.

EG I think he LOVES you. You lucky girl.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Fluffy1

• Elm
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:32 PM »

I guess I'm stuck in the basement with the weird shadow monster. :(

EG that's really awesome about you and your boyfriend. My wife and I were highschool sweethearts too. I was 17 and she was 15 when we went on our first date. Almost 20 years later, I'm more in love with her than ever. And she gives me more reasons everyday to fall in love all over again. We've grown up together and she'll always be my best friend. you're right, it is such a blessing to have found the one so young. May you have many happy years ahead.

-blessings!

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »

I don't know if that is what you call it. I employ that method especially with spell/ritual concerning Karma. For me, I have always called it the rule of 3x3 or 3 by 3. One 3 is for the three fold law and the other 3 is specific to the reason for the spell/ritual. I like to work with the numbers 3 and 9. Been doing it that way since 93 (before either the craft or charmed). The numbers just have significance for me. 93 was the year I began my journey. 9+3 gives you the month I was born and 9*3 gives you the day. May not be significant for everyone. Any insight from others?

blue

• Birch
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »

I haven't gone back to re-read the thread from the start but i've heard of the law of threefold return. Back in the day they used to say that "what goes around comes around". The biblical texts talk about "bread cast upon the water". Ask a scientist, and he/she might talk about "the principle of cause & effect".

To me: It just seems like different people talking about the same basic idea. Each has their own particular way of talking about it.

One might say that what you put out there is what comes back to you. If talking about threefold return it might be that what you put out there returns to affect you in body,mind, and spirit. If that's true then we want to be the best people we can be because we will all pay for our sins in this lifetime. Bad things do happen to good people but for the most part we create our own environment. It can be a good life or a crappy life. It's all in the choices we make.

Karma seems like a different idea. It's more about reincarnation. The idea is that we are intended to grow and evolve from one lifetime to the next. Good Karma or bad Karma are things that we carry with us from one lifetime to the next. They can help or hinder us in the growth and evolution of our spirit to it's highest form. No opinion on that one .... gonna have to wait till i die to see if anything is waiting on the other side.

If you're talking about the POWER of three that's an entirely different thing. Maybe that's a Wiccan thing ? It only takes three to make a coven ? Just guessing but that would go back to early trad Wicca that maintained properly lineaged covens ? That might have more to do with correct governance within the coven in that they need at least three to constitute a quorum ?

Anyway ... it's all just speculation and opinion on my part. Somebody else might look at it in an entirely different way.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »

The three fold return is new age fluffy stuff  and has no real historical evidence behind it . It goes on the false pretense that if your nice to others then nice they will be back , it's thinking like that , that gets people in trouble .

In Witchcraft it is not the three is all you need for a coven it is the old way of the passing on of the knowledge , Grandmother , daughter , granddaughter . Following the cycle anew when the granddaughter has kids and her mother would the be the grandmother when her mother died and with the life expectancy be around 40 -50 years for common folks it can take on the tri folded say of Crone , Mother , Maiden in a different light .

As for Karma well it is what you make of it , you are the ones who make your own karma because you are the ones who make up what is good , bad , right on wrong . If only bad things happen to bad people then how come this world is full rich evil people while good nice people struggle daily and live in conditions all over the world . That saying you'll pay for it in your next life doesn't work unless you are fully aware of the other live . Think on it this way if you get reincarnate to make amends then should you not be aware of it and aware of the people you harmed in the last live and help them in their new lives ?.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 06:07:56 AM »

~ Just bouncing ideas around. ~

Think it all the way through. We've both got lots of years behind us. As you start to get older you become more aware of the history of things. Eventually you make the connections and come to realize that there really is nothing new under the sun. It's all been said and done before in a hundred different ways. Ideas that are solid stand the test of time. Poor ideas come and go with the times.

A lot of the New Age stuff really is just nonsense but some of it is stuff that's been around for thousands of years. It's just been re-branded and re-packaged in a different tradition.

There's the biblical thing about bread cast upon the water.

What about Daniel and the Lion's den ? That's a story about a guy living in a state of grace.

Pick out a rich guy you know. Look at how his life unfolded in an objective way. Is he really all that well off or is he still paying the price of success ?

You don't have to have lots of money to have a happy life. In fact ... sometimes all that material stuff is a hindrance to the growth & evolution of your spirit.

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »

Great points. Karma is subjective in that not all those who should get theirs do. There are quite a few people who get where they are by stepping on others. It will always be that way I guess, but seeking Karma is looking for some form of justice which is rather natural and been done for centuries in one form or another. You must understand that justice will come when it is time whether it be this life or the next.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2018, 03:01:03 AM »

I tend to take my lessons from nature. There's a thing called natural law and survival of the fittest. I see it in play when i watch a murder of crows or a herd of deer. There are a few leaders (alphas) here and there and the rest are followers ( betas ). There's always a competition for resources and jockeying for status within the group. The leader's time at the top is quite limited. They're constantly under fire from younger members that want their leadership position. Eventually the leader becomes exhausted and falls victim to some young upstart that's just a little bit smarter or a little bit faster.

It's really no different with humans. We're animals too.

It's a sad truth, but people stepping on each other's heads is just part of the great competition that's life. That's the way it's supposed to be.

One could argue that natural justice is dispensed to those who would seek to deny the law? They get what they deserve in life while others prosper ?

I know .... it can be disturbing to look at things that way but what if it's the truth ?

Mother nature is both cruel and kind.

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »

If I was to do a Karma rite or seek "karma justice", there are certain criteria that have to be met. As we have stated, there are people who will step on others to get their own way. There are leaders, politicians, business executives, and working class people who are like that, and you will get no perceived justice with them unless you become them. The idea of justice for me is very rare to seek in a ritual because there is a natural order of things and believing differently will lead to much disappointment. When I do it is because that person(s) have gone out of their way to do wrong and continue to do so on that person even when their goal as been met. Not only that, but their goal is more for your demise than their success. I believe, thus far have not been wrong, that a cry or rite of justice(generally called karma) can be done or sought in certain circumstances. Some could say that when they(persons doing wrong) go down that path there will be retribution as it is inevitable. That might very well be true. I guess a karma ritual could be simply classified as a testimony to the powers that be. What he/she/they(depending on your belief of authority) do from there is out of your hands. The important thing is that you have cleansed yourself of that negativity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up