Welcome, Guest
May 19, 2019, 03:54:28 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ostar2  (Read 16713 times)

ostar2

• Orange
  • I seek enlightenment. I seek peace.
    • Adam Cohn's Computer Science and Engineering Blog
Re: Ostar2
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »

I dunno where you live but over here black walnuts, chestnuts, walnut, crabapple, just almost anything except tropical's are around here. Just have to look really hard for them sometimes. Of course I live in the woods so its easier for me than most.
I have an Apple tree in my backyard, I think its wild. I know it's not a crab Apple tree as the apples are edible and taste sweet/tart like Cortland or mackintosh apples. We also have hemlock trees, maple and I think pine.
I wished for peace, in my heart of hearts it was found. Love is here and is all that remains. I am reborn!

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:51 AM »

I dunno where you live but over here black walnuts, chestnuts, walnut, crabapple, just almost anything except tropical's are around here. Just have to look really hard for them sometimes. Of course I live in the woods so its easier for me than most.
I have an Apple tree in my backyard, I think its wild. I know it's not a crab Apple tree as the apples are edible and taste sweet/tart like Cortland or mackintosh apples. We also have hemlock trees, maple and I think pine.

Crabapples are edible. Its a old wives tale about them not being edible. They are just extremely sour! And sounds like you have some pretty unique trees. :)

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2013, 08:21:19 PM »

Crabapples are edible. Its a old wives tale about them not being edible. They are just extremely sour! And sounds like you have some pretty unique trees. :)

It's definitely an apple tree, I just checked. The apples taste sweet, although the insects have taken their share... But I also found a few birch trees and I live near a couple nature reserves. I live in a small town in Massachusetts in the US.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:33:03 AM by ostar2 »
I wished for peace, in my heart of hearts it was found. Love is here and is all that remains. I am reborn!

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »

I just relealized we have do have yew trees after looking at this: http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/taxus_baccata.htm

It's this type of Yew:

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »

>>>> ENVIOUS  <<<<

This link will take you to our page on trees properties; the Yew included.  http://wicca.com/celtic/celtic/sactrees.htm
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »

>>>> ENVIOUS  <<<<

This link will take you to our page on trees properties; the Yew included.  http://wicca.com/celtic/celtic/sactrees.htm
I also remember some Willow trees near a pond called "Spy Pond" and we do have a couple pine trees in our backyard.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »

The yew is beautiful Ostar, mine died last winter. I got branches off it to use for various things. You've been outside that is good for the soul.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »

The yew is beautiful Ostar, mine died last winter. I got branches off it to use for various things. You've been outside that is good for the soul.
Thanks, I like the cold weather as I never get cold I usually don't wear a coat. I guess I share something with the Yew.

ostar2

• Orange
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »

Ok, it I either want to make a wand out of Pine or Alder. But I can't decide!

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »

Oh we've been to Alnwick a couple of times, didn't know they had a poison garden there ! Probably cause we have the dogs.. We go where they are allowed, thanks for the link Drac x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:45 PM »

Ostar2 , I am going to suggest you start posting in the appropriate threads for your postings.  You are making your introduction your own personal update.  There are threads that cover many things you are talking about.  You need to explore the site more.  Blessings, Arn
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up