Welcome, Guest
May 19, 2019, 03:26:25 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Stonehenge  (Read 13629 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Stonehenge
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »

The site I went to had special tours but only a few each year , I guess that's why the high price but it is with a group , the group can not be greater then 26 people.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »

The sites I looked at did seem to be charging prices like that for tours...... But that's what your paying for, the coach and so on. My prices are based on turning up yourself in the car.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »

It a private tour and if I ever go I can get the senior discount for only77 pounds . Would not go anyway , don't like doing things in groups , and don't like hanging around with old people , they smell funny .........
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »

;D Arf Arf Arf! Yeah I get that, I hate crowds and groups. I guess that's why I looked at the prices for doing it alone or family.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

Yeah and most people don't know how to keep quite . They see it a just a place , they could not feel the magic if one of the sarsens fell on them .

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

Again also true. Going as a family or alone you can drink in the moment and the atmosphere.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »

Was going thru some of those tours if it was not for the short time you had at some of the stops they would not be a bad deal . To bad they don't have ones where you can spend the night camping out there .

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »

I hate coaches and buses at the best of times, I certainly couldn't handle a coach full of sight seers who haven't got a clue what they are there for..... All singing stupid bloody songs like "wheels on the bus" or "stop the bus I need a wee wee". Just the thought of it makes me want to tear my own face off and dip my head in vinegar!

~~ Splatter Warning ~~

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »

And people wonder why mass murders happen , wonder if you would call that a postman's holiday  ;D .

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 04:17:14 AM »

Getting back to something you said earlier, I wonder if there is any way one could spend a night at the stones. At the museum (I seem to be referencing that a lot lately), occasionally by special arrangement, we used to allow kids to spend the night in a couple of the galleries (supervised of course).

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »

I'm sure for enough money you could get to stay the night , unless you wanted to try and sneak in .

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »

There's a megalith park in Pennsylvania.  It's called Collumcille.  Wonderful place.  And essentially free.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:53:07 AM by Draconis Rex »

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »

I'm sure for enough money you could get to stay the night , unless you wanted to try and sneak in .

I could do that....LoL
Or at least have a go at it........

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »

If they catch you just speak gibberish an keep point at yourself and said Me Merlin .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up