Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 11:41:56 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 4935 times)

willowbear

• Willow
Hello all!
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »

Hello! So glad to finally be apart of this forum. I've been lurking about for a week or so, reading through all the threads I could. So much useful information on here! I'm so glad I found it, and thank you to you all who've made that happen. It's definitely a BIG help for newcomers like me.   ;D

I can't quite pinpoint when or how my interest in Wicca happened. It's just something that I thought was interesting. I finally decided to jump in and really do some research. So far I'm amazed and love everything I've read. It's very refreshing to find a religion that really speaks to me and just feels right. I was raised Catholic; religion class and church once a week. I always believed in a higher power, but Christianity never sat well with me. I'm glad I've got a place to come to discuss this, as I don't know if I'll be telling friends and family anytime soon. I already threw everyone through a loop and made myself the black sheep when I went Vegan a year and a half ago, and this may get the same reaction.  ::)  But, luckily, I'm already used to comments and jokes based off of inaccurate stereotypes.

My username comes from my love of Willow trees and my black cat, Bear. I adopted him almost a year ago and we share a mutual love and annoyance for each other. I enjoy reading, sketching, and sculpting.

I've been looking through every website I can find and taking notes as I go along. It's the only way I'll remember anything I've read! I plan to read a few of Scott Cunningham's books, as recommended from this forum  ;D I've started Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon, but it's a bit difficult for me to get through.

I've read through quite a bit of this forum, but any additional suggestions or advice for me is more than welcome.

Oh, and Happy Lughnasadh!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »

Welcome to TCC Willow, I hope you find all you seek while you're here with us. From the look of things you are proceeding very well, reading and taking notes. This is how we've all done it, and its still the best way. Be aware though there are many who "publish" or post information that may not be accurate, if it doesn't feel right, question it. This is a great place for information as the info is accurate, if something is wrong or mistaken then others will point it out and it will be discussed, maybe even at length.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble.
Welcome aboard and enjoy your time with us.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:04:35 PM »

Thanks Drac! I've been trying to read up on each aspect of Wicca from various sources, quite a few which I found through here, just to be sure that they are as accurate as possible.

I was just reading through your posts in the A.S.K. section and they were very helpful!  ;D

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »

Welcome willowbear.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »

Thanks Drac! I've been trying to read up on each aspect of Wicca from various sources, quite a few which I found through here, just to be sure that they are as accurate as possible.

I was just reading through your posts in the A.S.K. section and they were very helpful!  ;D

Glad it all helped. May I say though; don't rush it, just take your time. It's not going to disappear, and you have all the time you need. If you do get stuck, just ask and someone will help.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »

Welcome to TCC
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »

Welcome Willowbear.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »

Glad it all helped. May I say though; don't rush it, just take your time. It's not going to disappear, and you have all the time you need. If you do get stuck, just ask and someone will help.

I definitely am. It's a whole lot to take in. lol What I meant is that I pick one topic of it, the history or the Sabats as an example, and find as many articles, blog postings, or whatever on that. When I feel like I've read enough and understand it, I move on to the next.  ;D

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:26:13 PM »

That's a very good system, you must be scientifically minded. Gather the evidence, compare it with similar, draw conclusion and make a decision based on your findings then move on to the next question. Good for you.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

That's a very good system, you must be scientifically minded. Gather the evidence, compare it with similar, draw conclusion and make a decision based on your findings then move on to the next question. Good for you.

Thank you! I'm not so sure of the scientifically minded part though lol

Rosemadder

• Rowan
  • Live joyously
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »

Merry meet!

I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do!

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »

Merry meet!

I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do!

Thank you! I'm enjoying it very much :)

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »

LoL....... Okay Willow, how about analytical then???  ;D ;D ;D

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »

LoL....... Okay Willow, how about analytical then???  ;D ;D ;D

Lol! That's a bit better  ;D

Eliza

• Willow
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »

Hello and Welcome, Willowbear.  I love your nic. 

Enjoy your journey here.  Lots of teachings, lots of smiles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eliza CatShadow -   

I can't change who I am,   however,
I can change who I am going to be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up