Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2019, 10:35:58 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 5545 times)

willowbear

• Willow
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »

You know, I could probably be a vegan or vegetarian but I'd want to try it out with a long time vegan/vegetarian first just to see.  ;D Gotta know how to cook stuff.

I'd be glad to give you some of my favorite recipes. Surprisingly, two of my friends have gone Vegan after me. And my BF, who is the conete opposite of Vegan, really enjoys the food.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »

Thats good. I have learned there are few things more important than someone to listen and understand, or at least try. :D

Agreed :)

fairyprinciss

• Fir
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »

Count me in! I can't say I'm vegan (I have an addiction to cheese and ice cream....hello, Vermont! Ben & Jerry's and Cabot Cheddar!) but I'm mostly vegetarian (I eat chicken once in awhile or turkey, but I try to buy that from farmers markets or the coop, so I know it's raised locally and humanely). I am pretty actively involved in the push against factory farming and "humane" farming (if there is such a thing). Yes, I watch all the undercover PETA videos of slaughterhouses, I write to the lawmakers, I boycott companies, try to educate my friends, etc. Although I'm not really vegan or vegetarian, I like to think my awareness and conscientious about my food and the life it was living before it became food, counts for something. I feel a visceral pain every time I see meat and it sucks...but it's good in a way too. I have a strong connection to animals and am trying to learn intuitive communication with them, starting with companion animals but why does it have to stop there?
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through to the very depths of my soul

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »

Sounds awesome willow. There's a recipe thread in the kitchen, garden, home area of the forums. I would add them to that so everyone could enjoy them.  ;D Breaking my addiction from red meat and salmon/tuna might be hard for me. Along with the ben and jerrys.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »

Count me in! I can't say I'm vegan (I have an addiction to cheese and ice cream....hello, Vermont! Ben & Jerry's and Cabot Cheddar!) but I'm mostly vegetarian (I eat chicken once in awhile or turkey, but I try to buy that from farmers markets or the coop, so I know it's raised locally and humanely). I am pretty actively involved in the push against factory farming and "humane" farming (if there is such a thing). Yes, I watch all the undercover PETA videos of slaughterhouses, I write to the lawmakers, I boycott companies, try to educate my friends, etc. Although I'm not really vegan or vegetarian, I like to think my awareness and conscientious about my food and the life it was living before it became food, counts for something. I feel a visceral pain every time I see meat and it sucks...but it's good in a way too. I have a strong connection to animals and am trying to learn intuitive communication with them, starting with companion animals but why does it have to stop there?

That's so great of you! I've been really slacking on being active in terms of writing to different companies and lawmakers.

Be on the lookout for Purely Decadent and So Delicious ice creams, by far my favorite. Although I'm still waiting for them to make a piscathio flavor.  :'( Daiya, Follow Your Heart, and Teese have the most popular non-dairy cheeses. I like Teese the most, and specific flavors from the others. They saved me big time because I always covered my food in cheese. lol

I think it's great that you do all of that!

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »

Sounds awesome willow. There's a recipe thread in the kitchen, garden, home area of the forums. I would add them to that so everyone could enjoy them.  ;D Breaking my addiction from red meat and salmon/tuna might be hard for me. Along with the ben and jerrys.

I'll round up my favorites and post them later! :D

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

Awesome thanks willow. And I have had the So Delicious Matcha Ice Cream. LOVED it.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »

Awesome thanks willow. And I have had the So Delicious Matcha Ice Cream. LOVED it.

So good! Purely Decadent has a pomegranate chip that I'm obsessed with.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »

Ooh that sounds really good but I've not heard of that brand over in this area! Any particular stores that carry it? We have a Kroger, Wal-mart but that's really the only large stores around.

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 04:44:16 PM »

Ooh that sounds really good but I've not heard of that brand over in this area! Any particular stores that carry it? We have a Kroger, Wal-mart but that's really the only large stores around.

I don't believe either of them do :( I usually get mine at Shop Rite or Stop N' Shop. Both of which are becoming more and more Vegan-friendly.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »

We don't have those stores over here sadly. Hopefully Kroger will carry them eventually though. They get more and more vegan, natural, and organic items in all the time!

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »

You could always find some way to make your own.
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »

You could always find some way to make your own.

I've actually been meaning to make my own, but I never do it!

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »

I always prefer to make things rather than buy them. Time is the great enemy though isn't it lol.
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

willowbear

• Willow
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »

I always prefer to make things rather than buy them. Time is the great enemy though isn't it lol.

Yes! I try to make everything as well, except lately I've gotten very lazy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up