Welcome, Guest
November 21, 2019, 09:46:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello :-)  (Read 2525 times)

XrayVision

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hello :-)
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:46:40 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Liz. I'm 26 and live in the Southern MD area. I am an x-ray tech who works the graveyard shift. I have been working way too much to get to this point in my career, sometimes reaching 60-70 hour work weeks. The madness and stress of everyday life is starting to take its toll. I will be married in less than 2 months. I don't want to start my new chapter in life overly worked and losing who I am. Deep down I am a spiritual laid back person. I have recently started to explore different religious paths that speak to me. So, here I am, seeking knowledge to be able to regain my inner peace.

That being said, I enjoy crafting when I get the precious moments to do it, specifically soap crafting. I have my loving fiance at home along with my little midnight colored kitty Binx. My home is surrounded by a lake and the forest. It is an incredible sanctuary, I feel truly lucky to be there.

I look forward to reading the wealth of information before me. Have a wonderful day.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Hello :-)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:56:02 AM »

Welcome Xray.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:35:34 AM »

Hi Xray, welcome to TCC. Interesting job, lousy hours, bummer of a shift too (unless you like that shift of course) ;D

Feel free to have a wander about our site, there's plenty of info for you to read. Pay particular attention to our stickied threads, they are there to help. If you get stuck, then just ask and someone will help. In the meantime, please feel free to join in with us and/or share with us what you will. Enjoy your time here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

gunslingergery

• Orange
  • "Live Life to it's Fullest"
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:25 AM »

Welcome to TCC Xray! :P
- Gery Suarez ✌

Robin Kirkpatrick

• Elm
  • Experientia Docet
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:36:07 AM »

Hi XRay, I'm new here too, so its nice to meet you.  Feels like I'm meeting members of the freshmen class of TCC...   ;D
I hope I've left your day a little brighter, your life a little lighter and your burdons easier to bear.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

Welcome aboard :)  Congrats on the upcoming marriage.  :)  I wish y'all all the best.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

Welcome Xray congrats and blessings on the new marriage.

You should try looking into Zen as a practice as well. I have found that zazen has helped me out immeasurably in my meditation :D.

Blessings
Phoenix
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:09:33 AM »

X-ray welcome good to have you here .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:52:50 AM »

Greetings Liz , you'll find that when you learn how to meditate you'll be able to draw energy from the Earth which will aid you to keep a constant flow of relaxing energy to aid you in getting through the day . Guess you work in a hospital , you may want to see if you can get a job in a clinic with regular hours .  May you find what you seek and have a wonderful journey . Give Binx a pet for me .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

XrayVision

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:32 AM »

@Oldghost.....I make a point every morning when I come home from work to stop on my front steps (30 steps down a hill through the woods) to stop and reflect on my day. I try to pull energy from the plants surrounding me so I may leave my stresses outside of my home and find sleep. The last few months I have done this every morning. I now feel what I can only describe as a "buzz" through my body when I do this. I also sleep fairly easily now. It certainly has been a growing experience for me. My dreams have also become more vivid since I started this. I see a lot of tidal waves, sea water, and various sea creatures in general. I have come to the realization just tonight that this is possibly a diety reaching out to me. Mediation has been quite enriching for me!....also, I will be sure to give Binx a pet for you. He is ALWAYS on mama's couch right on top of whatever I am trying to do  ;D

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »

X , could your element be water . What you do before you enter your home is a good idea .  You can also do the reserves when you go to work and pull up from the Earth to keep you charged during your work day , give it a try .

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »

Welcome Xray and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Phoeanix Ashborn

• Pine
  • From the ashes...I am reborn
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »

Welcome Xray!

XrayVision

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I had a wonderful wedding, and we did our own little handfasting as part of our regular ceremony. Gorgeous pictures and very meaningful to us.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »

If you wish X you can post some of your wedding ( handfasting ) pics .  May it last throughout time .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up