Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 11:41:51 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Meet  (Read 1503 times)

T.Rose

• Willow
Merry Meet
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:46:41 AM »

Hello, and thank you for allowing me to become a member. I had searched around on this site for about a week now, (today my first as a member,) and I am really excited to jump on this rollercoaster of knowledge. Like many others who find this site I am new! Read, read, read is all I have done these past few weeks; I welcome any and all knowledge that I can put my eyes on.

My entire life has really built me up for this, finding of a very spiritual religious path, and I never realized it before. I can remember so many things that have been reaching for me all along. Encounters with spirits, animals, and even magick. The final straw that brought me to this path-finding search was the feeling that I had almost completely lost my true self. Spirituality has always been really important to me, and without any type of structure to add it to my daily life it simply faded away. I have been in a dark place without that part of myself... But, out in the dark the light came to me - Wicca.

I never knew that most of my beliefs were common among other people. I honestly have never been into any other religion before (bless my mother for being understanding and supportive,) I just felt alone in my special way. Yes, I had heard of Wicca but never thought that it could be for me.

I am just a toddler in the way of Wicca and Witchcraft, but I know that this (or some version of it) is for me. It's the feeling of my heart bursting with emotion when I enter the calm of a sunlit forest that shows me who I am. I have always known there was something bigger for me. I just need a walking stick and maybe some type of direction.

Crafting my own map,
T.Rose

"We can open new eyes and see that there is nothing to be saved from, no struggle of life against the Universe, no God outside the world to be feared and obeyed; only the Goddess..." -Starhawk

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
Re: Merry Meet
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum Rose :)  I am glad that you didn't completely lose yourself. Enjoy your stay with us.

You already have a map and you only need your two feet, a compass an open mind, though you might need a walking stick or two for the tall mountains and hills :3. If you see landmarks calling out to you, follow it and explore new discoveries ahead. If it doesn't ring true for you, turn around and try another direction. There are many paths on this journey, so take your time and enjoy.

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »

Hello, am new here too, feeling my way around x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »

Hello Rose, welcome to the forum. I too am relatively new (been here just over a month now) and I've found a lot of very useful and helpful information here. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:29:59 AM »

Welcome T.Rose enjoy your time here.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

Well met TR. and welcome to TCC. You've already got yourself off to a good start, we usually advise to read, read, read but you got that covered. Just carry on as you're doing and you'll be find. If you get stuck, then just ask and someone will help; more importantly though, enjoy your time here with us and share or join in as you feel.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »

Journey through darkness can be long and hard light in a darken forest where the sun does not shine you can travel for years then one day you brake through into the light and before you is a smooth path with wonders at every turn , well you have found that path and the light always shines on it . Welcome T. Rose hope you enjoy the light . :)
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

T.Rose

• Willow
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »

Journey through darkness can be long and hard light in a darken forest where the sun does not shine you can travel for years then one day you brake through into the light and before you is a smooth path with wonders at every turn , well you have found that path and the light always shines on it . Welcome T. Rose hope you enjoy the light . :)

Thank you all so much for the welcome. At this point I am hoarding all this information but I am unsure of how to utilize it. There is no wrong way, yes I've read that a million and ones times, but I need a nudge in the right direction. I don't want to start my BoS without cleansing and blessing the journal, I want to do a ritual to initiate myself and let my Wiccan name be known to the Goddess and God. but BUT... I do not want to do these things to soon. I am a perfectionist of sorts and I'm supposed to feel when the time is right - I am just too concerned with how to start. 
"We can open new eyes and see that there is nothing to be saved from, no struggle of life against the Universe, no God outside the world to be feared and obeyed; only the Goddess..." -Starhawk

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »

Most newcomers start off with their "year and a day" before committing to the path. That gives you time to see if you want to continue down this path or another may be presented to you by the Lord and Lady. There is a book you can start off with called Wicca: A Year and a Day by Timothy Roderick. Try not to rush into everything. All of those things will come in due time. Slow and steady Rose lol.

Cleanse and bless your BOS before use, but first look into how to go about it.  Best to look into as much as you can before practicing many things. You may also want to try practicing meditation and visualization. That will also help with ritual work you do in the future. You should also look into different pantheons so that in time you will know which god(desses) you will connect with.

Also. don't worry about tools and an altar right away. There are many posts that can aid you in your journey as well as talking to everyone.

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42:37 AM »

Hello everyone.Im new to this too.Welcome T Rose,anyway,i thought i was the only one that felt like T Rose,and like her,ive been reading and scoping the net for answers.

T.Rose

• Willow
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:05 AM »

Hello everyone.Im new to this too.Welcome T Rose,anyway,i thought i was the only one that felt like T Rose,and like her,ive been reading and scoping the net for answers.

You have the feeling as if you've been doing a lot of these things all along? Just never really knew what to call it...

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum gwar :) nice to meet you.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »

T.Rose, you have already started. :)  To cleanse your BOS journal simply set it out overnight where it is exposed to the moonlight; to bless it, say a "prayer" asking the Goddess to bestow her blessings on it.  Then continue your studies for a year and a day before you concern yourself with dedication ceremonies or rituals except those in your beginning studies.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »

Ooops, thanks Arn. Went onto saying "cleanse and bless your BOS" but not the "how". Silly little me lol.

alyssaw

• Pine
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »

Welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up