Welcome, Guest
July 23, 2019, 07:26:39 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Witch in the Heart of Dixie  (Read 1050 times)

Daharis

• Meṁber
  • Alder
A Witch in the Heart of Dixie
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »

Merry meet,

I am new to the study of Wicca. I have always followed the transitions of the seasons and felt a kinship with the earth. I practice aromatherapy and have always had a penchant for herbs, though I am an indifferent planter.

I feel close to my dog, who is named Dixie, and believe in a special connection with animals.

I am only beginning to research the importance of crystals.

Basically, I am realizing that my personal beliefs and hobbies fit in with this idea of Wicca. I won't likely identify with every aspect, and I have never been one for a Coven.

I've read Buckland's Big Blue Book and two others, which mainly offered the same information. I understand Gerald Gardner and his kin attempted to establish a tradition for future Wiccans to follow, and this has since branched off to many, many divisions based on the worship of a particular sect of gods and/or goddesses, based on personal beliefs.

I know I must sound like a country hick in a big city with my simplistic understanding of the Way. I look forward to developing my knowledge of the Craft and of myself.

Blessed be.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
Re: A Witch in the Heart of Dixie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »

Hello Daharis! You don't sound like a country hick in a big city with the way you're thinking. Simplicity is something I like rather than overcomplicated stuff >.< I am also still a bit of a newbie to Wicca and Paganism, but here on the forum you will learn a lot. There are so many resources to check out, people's back stories, as well as views on topics. Even if you aren't for covens, you'll make friends here who can help guide you. Trust your instincts and you'll have a more enjoyable time learning. Enjoy your stay here with us and I wish you a great time on your journey for your path.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »

Welcome Daharis , the more of use that believe the great will be our ways upon the earth . Hick I think not , because of how you live closer to nature then those in city the louder and clearer the voice of nature come through to you . You are wise to listen to it .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »

Welcome Daharis To TCC enjoy your time with us. You will find many of like mind here. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 02:10:03 PM »

Welcome to TCC Daharis.

I sense a degree of confusion from your first post; don't worry about that, once you've been here a while things will start to fall into place for you. It's all about learning and we have plenty here that can and will help you along.

Enjoy your time here with us and I hope we can help you along your path.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

alyssaw

• Pine
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »

Welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up