Welcome, Guest
October 16, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer?  (Read 4727 times)

Marigold

• Fir
  • those who don't believe in magic will never find it
Re: Prayer?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 08:34:21 AM »

Ashe, I think the variety of pagan views is the beautiful antidote to the ugliness of organized religion.

I also don't think all paths lead to the same place.  I feel there are different types of "energies."  I'm still a seeker, and this is an exploration on my part.  I wonder if when a Christian prays to Jesus for personal safety, for example, is this prayer the beginning of a protection spell?  When a Muslim extremist prays to Allah for death and destruction (9/11), is this dark magic?  I really don't want to bring politics into this.  I'm trying to view this from a theological point of view.  I've been thinking about this for a long time. Another example is people following a leader.  I think this is similar to organized religion. Think Hitler in terms of dark magic, and Ghandi in terms of positive energy.

Marigold, I was just thinking very similar questions, and thoughts!

Lady of Shalott, there is some channeling going on here  :)  I was just thinking that religious tenets and actual followers of these tenets with their various degrees of human deficincies are two quite different things indeed.

there is no wifi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection )O(

LadyOfShalott

• Orange
Re: Prayer?
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »

Indeed! Great minds think alike! ;) ;D
~There she weaves by night and day~
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up