Welcome, Guest
July 19, 2019, 07:52:55 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 1294 times)

CookingKitten

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hello :)
« on: December 22, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »

Hello all... I am new... very new, just joined yesterday. I've been looking at different religions for awhile now and for about a year I've known I want something to do with the Earth because... that's where I feel most at home. I am 17 going on 18 in about a month and I still need to get books and study them and such, but though I have a lot I want to buy and read, I don't quite have the money right now (and I want credible sources, not some random author I find at the library).

Ummm... I live in Washington, USA and have lived in the house I'm in... just about my entire life, it's right next to a river with a small forest path so it's very nice to be outside if it's not pouring buckets. My boyfriend actually... he lives in Scotland and is thinking of getting an account on here... he identifies as a witch and follows some Wiccan erm... practices but not all so I have support and help and most answers to questions from him which is lovely.

Ummm a little explanation for the username... I love to cook and bake (and sing and write, but that's beside the point), and I love cats... and Andrew calls me his Kitten (blushes), so. Um. Yeah, I think that's about it. This religion feels really... natural to me.

Oh! And my name's Aria :)
~Acceptance is Key~

~<3

Nephilim82

• Elm
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »

Welcome  ;D make yourself at home...
"How is it possible that suffering that is neither my own nor my concern should immediately affect me as though it were my own, and with such force that it moves me to action?" - Arthur Schopenhauer 1788-1860

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:32:05 AM »

Awww so cute! I love cats too. Hello and welcome CookingKitten. Take your time to read and explore the forums. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask since many here would be willing to offer their assistance. Please check out the Book lists in the Wicca Q&A and you'll also be able to find other books throughout the forum that others have mentioned. Good luck on your journey wherever it may lead you :)

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:54:12 AM »

Hello x  ;D
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 04:35:48 AM »

Welcome to the forum CookingKitten.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

Hi there CK, welcome to TCC. You'll find plenty here to get you going and we have a book list you might be interested in. Click this link http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=400.msg10309#msg10309  they are all books recommended by our members.

Enjoy your time here with us and feel free to read through everything we have. If you get stuck then ask and someone will help.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

CookingKitten

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »

Awww so cute! I love cats too. Hello and welcome CookingKitten. Take your time to read and explore the forums. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask since many here would be willing to offer their assistance. Please check out the Book lists in the Wicca Q&A and you'll also be able to find other books throughout the forum that others have mentioned. Good luck on your journey wherever it may lead you :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome MoonlitWings :) I have checked out the book list for beginners and I believe I have 10 or more of them on hold at my local library (I can't believe the system had even one). I'm ecstatic and can't wait to get reading... now I just have to wait for them to get here and hope I have time to read (school sucks when all I wanna do is learn, learn, learn and read, read, READ about Wicca!) :)
~Acceptance is Key~

~<3

Phoeanix Ashborn

• Pine
  • From the ashes...I am reborn
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »

Welcome CK  ;D

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »

Welcome CK.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 07:03:31 PM »

Welcome CK.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »

Well met Kitten , enjoy your journey here .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up