Welcome, Guest
October 19, 2019, 06:06:11 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1938 times)

Tal-Bek

• Elm
Hello
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »

Hello everyone.  My username is Tal-Bek and my real name is Andrew (or Drew).  You can call me by any three of them really.  As this is the place for me to introduce myself I wanted to take the time to do so.  I will admit, I am not entirely sure if this is the place for me or not yet.  I am a believer in magic, however my spiritual beliefs are relatively different than most.  I do not "follow" any religion for reasons that are my own.  I enjoy listening to other people's views, as long as they do not attempt to force them on me.  There is much terminology that I do not know, so I do ask for patience for when I most likely make a mistake.  I hope to become friends with some of you and to learn new things.
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me."

Also come join my blog on spirituality, homosexuality, and the world at http://queerpath.blogspot.com/

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »

Hi Tal, welcome to TCC. I don't see as you've come to the wrong place at all, none of us will force our paths upon you, in fact if anything we'd be more interested in hearing more about your own. We are from a variety different paths here so you should be able to relax, settle in and enjoy the ride. Feel free to share with us as you will.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Tal-Bek

• Elm
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:05:41 AM »

Thank you.  I hope to learn many beliefs as well as share some of mine.  I guess that I fit more into the divination class, but I don't use tarot (or oracle for my case) cards to see the future, I use them more as guide of communication with the Woman of the Moon.  She is my Divine Spirit that protects and loves me unconditionally. 

I noticed you have an affiliation with dragons.  If you do not mind me asking, what do you believe?  I ask out of curiosity as well as I am worried about a friend. 
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me."

Also come join my blog on spirituality, homosexuality, and the world at http://queerpath.blogspot.com/

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »

I noticed you have an affiliation with dragons.  If you do not mind me asking, what do you believe?  I ask out of curiosity as well as I am worried about a friend. 

Yes I have a strong affinity for Dragonkind (does it show?  ;D ). When you ask what I believe, are you asking if I believe in Dragons? The answer would be yes. I believe they are not nearly so mythical as they are commonly believed to be.

If you're asking about my religious beliefs, I don't really have any as such; I am very much an agnostic. I believe in nature and the energy that surrounds us, and the energy that surrounds everything else besides. We can tap into and utilise that energy as we need to, and we can be affected by changes or anomalies in these energies. I also believe we have lost a lot of knowledge through the centuries, and I find that sad.

Having said what I have thus far, I am not an atheist; I do not preclude the possibility of deific presence, but I see it/them as being something different, perhaps ethereal? spiritual? I don't know. Perhaps one day I will find out.

You mention you are worried about a friend, is this to do with his/her beliefs?

::ETA;  please note how yellow font looks in quotes? hint......LoL
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Tal-Bek

• Elm
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »

Yes I have a strong affinity for Dragonkind (does it show?  ;D ). When you ask what I believe, are you asking if I believe in Dragons? The answer would be yes. I believe they are not nearly so mythical as they are commonly believed to be.

*point taken from the font. 

Yes, the belief question was more orientated towards the dragons.  My friend is a believer in magic, and heavily in dragons and dragon magic.  However, he seems...hm, to be honest, finding the right word is difficult, cause I don't want to use dark, because I don't entirely see that as an evil.  But he seems to have an evil influence about him.  His magic does not fit right, if that makes any sense.  He is very selfish, and almost abusive towards his fiance (mentally from what I have observed).  And from what I have gathered from his fiance (who which is like a sister to me and who is very strong in an earthy magical way) that his magic itself is darker (in a negative sense).  That he can easily "will" harm to others. 

And I know that his beliefs are revolved around dragons, and I was hoping to learn a little about it to see if he could be being influenced by an ill willed dragon.  Now I personally do not believe in dragons, *HOWEVER*, I do believe that if a person believes it, then it is true for him/her, and it can effect those around, even if they are not believers in the same faith.  If you follow (this seems almost riddle like, and I apologize for that).

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »

*point taken from the font. 

Yes, the belief question was more orientated towards the dragons.  My friend is a believer in magic, and heavily in dragons and dragon magic.  However, he seems...hm, to be honest, finding the right word is difficult, cause I don't want to use dark, because I don't entirely see that as an evil.  But he seems to have an evil influence about him.  His magic does not fit right, if that makes any sense.  He is very selfish, and almost abusive towards his fiance (mentally from what I have observed).  And from what I have gathered from his fiance (who which is like a sister to me and who is very strong in an earthy magical way) that his magic itself is darker (in a negative sense).  That he can easily "will" harm to others. 

And I know that his beliefs are revolved around dragons, and I was hoping to learn a little about it to see if he could be being influenced by an ill willed dragon.  Now I personally do not believe in dragons, *HOWEVER*, I do believe that if a person believes it, then it is true for him/her, and it can effect those around, even if they are not believers in the same faith.  If you follow (this seems almost riddle like, and I apologize for that).

I'm also a Dracophile... LOL.  I was once told that my fascination with dragons was because I WAS a dragon.  I tend to believe that Dragons are esoteric creatures that connect to those they choose; it's also symbolic; when I'm in a jam, I always close my eyes and tell myself to "be the dragon".  I always gain insight and determination.  I also believe they can be appealed to for assistance, guidance, etc.

I've never experienced, or heard of any specifically "dark" dragon magic, but any magic can be dark, because it's colored only by it's intent, not it's process.

"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »

I am aware of the following you refer to, and I admit they have intrigued me in the past. Most of them are of a gothic nature and seek to incorporate Draconic "symbolism" into it. There are those however who firmly believe in Dragon magick and use the power of the Dragon to aid in their workings. Dragon magick is very difficult to master and takes a great deal of belief, faith and a lot of concentration, also a long time to master.

I will at this point reiterate something that we all here share; that magick is magick, like electricity is electricity. It's what you do with it that defines black or white, dark or light. It is the intent of the individual that makes it what it is. Like electricity, you can use it to power a light when it is dark, or you can use it to electrically torture a person. The electricity is not evil or dark even then, the one who uses it determines it's use. The same therefore applies to magick.

Furthermore, what you say about dark not necessarily being evil, I do agree with, the same as negative not necessarily being bad.

I will say of your friend, if he has a mind towards being how you describe, it doesn't really mean that a mean spirited Dragon has influence over him. Most often the calling of a Dragon is the calling of one (or all) of the five elements. Dragon magick is more often also associated with protection and healing than with anything else but that doesn't preclude their use in other practises. I for one believe the Dragon makes a marvellous companion and guide and is very wise indeed. Also a very strong persona to aspire to when the need arises.

Your friend being selfish and/or abusive I would say is more likely a reflection of his natural self. Sometimes it is easier to be mean than it is to be nice, almost a lazy attitude if you like. When I was young, I wasn't really a very nice person to know. I have changed that through conscious effort over the years, a difficult process believe me, and although I am not entirely content with who I am, I am happy that I am so very much better than I was.

Perhaps your two friends ideally shouldn't be together, and perhaps they need to be to balance each other out; I don't know, and I wouldn't want to make an opinion without knowing the whole story and knowing the people themselves. Just be there as a friend in the meantime if she ever needs a friend.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »

I am aware of the following you refer to, and I admit they have intrigued me in the past. Most of them are of a gothic nature and seek to incorporate Draconic "symbolism" into it. There are those however who firmly believe in Dragon magick and use the power of the Dragon to aid in their workings. Dragon magick is very difficult to master and takes a great deal of belief, faith and a lot of concentration, also a long time to master.

I will at this point reiterate something that we all here share; that magick is magick, like electricity is electricity. It's what you do with it that defines black or white, dark or light. It is the intent of the individual that makes it what it is. Like electricity, you can use it to power a light when it is dark, or you can use it to electrically torture a person. The electricity is not evil or dark even then, the one who uses it determines it's use. The same therefore applies to magick.

Furthermore, what you say about dark not necessarily being evil, I do agree with, the same as negative not necessarily being bad.

I will say of your friend, if he has a mind towards being how you describe, it doesn't really mean that a mean spirited Dragon has influence over him. Most often the calling of a Dragon is the calling of one (or all) of the five elements. Dragon magick is more often also associated with protection and healing than with anything else but that doesn't preclude their use in other practises. I for one believe the Dragon makes a marvellous companion and guide and is very wise indeed. Also a very strong persona to aspire to when the need arises.

Your friend being selfish and/or abusive I would say is more likely a reflection of his natural self. Sometimes it is easier to be mean than it is to be nice, almost a lazy attitude if you like. When I was young, I wasn't really a very nice person to know. I have changed that through conscious effort over the years, a difficult process believe me, and although I am not entirely content with who I am, I am happy that I am so very much better than I was.

Perhaps your two friends ideally shouldn't be together, and perhaps they need to be to balance each other out; I don't know, and I wouldn't want to make an opinion without knowing the whole story and knowing the people themselves. Just be there as a friend in the meantime if she ever needs a friend.

Yep... this; definitely this...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Tal-Bek

• Elm
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 06:33:36 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I do agree that all I can really do is be a friend.  I just hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as I think it will.

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »

Always have positive energy when you are around them, sometimes it rubs off on them.I dont know if that helps you, but it helps me. :D.Nice to meet you Tal.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »

Sorry for the late welcome, but welcome to the forum Tal :) many blessings and enjoy your time with us.

Tal-Bek

• Elm
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I try to be positive, but it's so hard being told over and over that I'm going to hell because I don't believe in what they believe in, and that I'm going to hell for who I love.

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum Tal.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

Welcome Tal-Bek.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up