Welcome, Guest
October 19, 2019, 05:26:34 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from another noob  (Read 2292 times)

leryssa

• Willow
  • Born Pagan, Learning Witchcraft
    • Color me Witchy (my blog about learning the craft)
Greetings from another noob
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »

Hello! I'm Leryssa, I'm very happy to be here. I will say I am not here because of magick. I am here because [what I've read of] Wiccan beliefs mirror my own beliefs that I came to believe while Christian.

A little religious background.. From the moment I was born, to a month after my 22nd name day, I was a devout Christian. More specifically, Adventist. In 2012 (not sure exactly when) I became non-denominational and I started questioning my religion. November 2013, my faith was completely shattered and only a few weeks later, I felt compelled to do research on Wiccan beliefs. Now, after reading day and night about Wicca, I'm prepared to to wait till Feb. 2 (as one of my readings suggested) to start my year and a day, hopefully I'll have bought Timothy Roderick's Wicca: A year and a day by then. The other two books I hope to begin my Wiccan book collection are: The elements of ritual by Deborah Lipp and Wicca for beginners by Thea Sabin. For the last few days I've made a blog about what I'm learning in Wicca. I assume it's against guidelines to share the link so until I find out, I'll keep it to myself.

As for me.. I am 22, I have a 3yo (yearly 4yo) daughter. I am divorced, and recently polyamorous. My significant other is Native American and is supportive of all my choices. He listens to me ramble on about the newest Wiccan thing I've learned. Being Native and growing up on a rez, he tends to agree with the beliefs of Wicca. Having an understanding, supportive boyfriend is heavenly.

What isn't heavenly is the... less than pleasant thoughts I have about my ex husband (now that I understand the three-fold law, I know I will be in a world of hurt because of them.) I hope the practice of Wicca, and the connection I hope to achieve with nature and the Goddess will help me turn my rather murderous thoughts into sincere well wishes for him and his.. charming girlfriend.

For work I make jewelry (more of a hobby since I am terrible at marketing and selling it) and when I'm able to get a sitter I take care of hospice patients in their home. I tried meditation, calling for my spirit guide. I met a snake who made me feel so uncomfortable that I stood up abruptly. I am terrified of snakes, and he slithered up to my shoulder whispering something to me. From a young age until.. right around puberty [I think] I saw spirits, ghosts. The most recent Ive seen them was a few years ago.

I honestly can't think of anything else [relevant] to add.
♪♫ take one step at a time.. there's no need to rush..♫♪
Been a Pagan all my life, I just didn't realize it until last year. No Tradition or Path as of yet!
Mistakes are inevitable, make them and learn from them.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Greetings from another noob
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »

Welcome Leryssa , you may post your blog info here and if any wish to go and read it they can . You c an be Wiccan and have nothing to do with Magic .

Would like to know what the snaked whispered to you ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

leryssa

• Willow
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »

Well here is my blog color-me-witchy.blogspot.com It is nothing special. I consider it a diary, pre BOS.

Magick is very alluring but I feel I would create a tsunami with it, so at least for a long time I will take the sidelines.

The snake.. he was behind me, and greeted me. I said my hello and he asked why I was so afraid. I admitted I was terrified of snakes. He slithered up my back, which was freaky enough, but his head was on my shoulder and he whispered that i shouldn't be afraid. I cant remember his words, but that is what I feel he said. Even after I stood, his head was on my shoulder for at least a minute or two. Ever since I was little I've often felt the presence of a snake, usually when going to sleep or waking up. Until recently I thought I had issues with the nerves in my back since that is a popular area for the feeling.
Been a Pagan all my life, I just didn't realize it until last year. No Tradition or Path as of yet!

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »

Many welcomes to the forum Leryssa :) enjoy your time with us and good luck on your journey. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask the members here. Everyone is very knowledgable and wise in their own way. Blessed be ^-^ and snakes are cool! just don't ever want to be bitten by one lol

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »

I read your previous posts but it appears I never gave you the welcome response, oops, sorry....LoL

Welcome to TCC Leryssa. You seem to be off to a good start already so I'll just say welcome and enjoy your time here with us. ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

Nice blog Leryssa , oh never try to do any type of Magic when you are not feeling 100 % well .

Hey maybe you should get a snake tattoo running from your foot up to your shoulder  ;D.

maybe the snakes your spirit animal or totem animal guide ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

leryssa

• Willow
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcomes, oldghost, MoonlitWings, and Draconis Rex.

Is meditation magic? :o Perhaps I need to do much more research here before I continue attempting meditation.. :-\

Snakes can be cool.. in jewelry.. One hospice patient I've had only ever watched animal planet, so I got a healthy dose snakes in a good light. Doesn't mean I trust.. even non venomous ones! A snake tattoo? Perhaps, but not one that big! You absorb air through your pores, and clogging them with things like oils, lotions, and large tattoo's just doesn't seem healthy to me.. but I would consider a snake tattoo as an anklet. Perhaps with an apple.. bible humor.  ;D

I know nothing about totems, but I have been wondering if he is my spirit guide.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »

Meditation is Yoga for the mind , Yoga helps the body to relax and strengthen itself and meditations does the same for the mind . Meditation can be as simple as sitting in a chair and listening to music that relaxes you . It can be as complex as a special mat to sit on with as special robe , special lighting , incenses , chanting .

Some people need all that to be able to meditate and some can do it sitting a  bed of nails . You'll have to try different things to see what works best for you . Try different techniques and see which one works best for you .   

A Totem animal is your companion here on the earthly world , a spirit guide is one that comes to you in dreams , travels with you in the astral plane or other worlds . Spirit guide and Totem animals can be the same species . Some call Totem animals familiars .

leryssa

• Willow
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »

Thank you, I'm still going to look at more information on Meditation. See what the world says. So far though, music and a blind fold while laying down with my knees bent works.. unless I'm not feeling 100%.

I've had one encounter with a snake in real life, he was laying under my swing and I was playing all over my swingset but he didn't harm me. When I noticed him, he was maybe a foot away if not less. I screamed and ran. Daddy took of it.. Be it spitit or totem, I guess snakes are attracted to me... lovely.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »

You should talk to WhiteRaven snakes like her too .  Have you tried first to take a bath scented with rose water , know a lot of women who do it before meditation and it works for them . Do hope you find something that works for you .

leryssa

• Willow
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »

You're awesome. I'll have to make a note to talk to WhiteRaven, and I'll see about Rose scented bath salt. Sweetness! Thank you oldghost =)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »

Anytime , here to help  ;D.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »

Welcome to TCC Leryssa.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

leryssa

• Willow
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 10:39:48 AM »

Thank you Arnemetia.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »

Greetings... It is possible the snake could be a shadow guide/totem instead of a sprit guide/totem animal.  (Something to research).  Although not all totems & guides are ones we are comfortable with. I have found that they appear to serve a purpose. 
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up