Welcome, Guest
October 18, 2019, 09:46:02 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1128 times)

sperla

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Greetings!
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:07:30 AM »

I am humbled and honored to be typing this today! This is the beginning of my journey to becoming the Hedge Witch I was called to be long ago. I grew up in a very strict fundamentalist Christian home. I always knew I would never fit the mold I was being forced to fit. I wanted freedom to think and believe on my own and to learn from my environment and nature around me. It disappointed my family, and they marked me a rebel child. I lost a lot of self-esteem and confidence. Yet, I still believed in the energy of the universe. I spend a great deal of time outside hiking, kayaking, camping, gardening, and baking. My husband and I have made our little 1.5 acre an all natural backyard farm we like to call 5 Farms. Our philosphy is that less is more, and respecting Mother Nature and all that she provides for us is priority. Every morning and evening I step outside to see the vast sky, sun and moon, and I am ready to plug into and connect with the nature's energy. I am ready to open my heart and mind and accept the balance of Mother Nature with complete dedication and allow the source of all things to come in, around and through me. I am ready to find inner peace and balance within myself to help and give back to others through my baking, gardening, soaps, scrubs, and ointments. At the same time, I want to honor Mother Earth and learn the ways of old. Thank you for your help in my journey. I will look to you for support and guidance. My heart swells...Namaste, Shannon

Tal-Bek

• Elm
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »

Welcome to the forum Sperla.  As I am still new myself, I would like to say from what I've seen so far, this place is a safe haven, and the other members will help you in anyway that they can.  Enjoy your stay, and may you find what you are searching for.
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me."

Also come join my blog on spirituality, homosexuality, and the world at http://queerpath.blogspot.com/

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »

Namaste to you too Sperla, welcome to TCC. Your actions already mark you as a practising Pagan, becoming a Hedge Witch will take more learning though of course; a worthy calling. We have Hedge Witches here who I'm sure you will come across during your time here. In the meantime, just read through our previous threads; there's plenty info there for you to enjoy and if you get stuck, then just ask and someone will help. I hope you enjoy your time here with us and that we can help you along your path.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »

Speria , welcome , do you have a large herb garden on your property ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

sperla

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I have been spent the past few days airing-out and sprucing-up my home as I put away the Yule decorations. As I release the old year and embrace the new year, I try to incorporate not only the harmony within myself, but with my surroundings, as well. My focus this week is air. I think very appropriate for the New Year of 2014! Yes, I do believe my journey at a HedgeWitch will be a long one, but a very empowering one! I already have a large all-natural garden. We have 10 raised beds and a row garden, too. My herbal garden is small, but I will be doubling the size of it in the Spring. I already have a focus and plan ready to go. I am harvesting dandelion roots today! Again, thank you for welcoming me. I will look for your support, wisdom, and encouragement daily! Namaste, Shannon

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

Sound real nice Shannon , will you be put up herbs for all purposes this year ?. Don't know what books you have but one I like to tell people about is " Planetary Herbology " by Michael Tierra C.A., N.D. it gives usage  prep and dosage .  ISBN :0941-524272.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »

Welcome to TCC, Sperla.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »

Welcome Speria.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »

Welcome Sperla!
Pages: [1]   Go Up