Welcome, Guest
July 15, 2019, 11:35:37 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, I am Helene  (Read 1582 times)

Ludde

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hi, I am Helene
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:26 PM »

Hi, my name is Helene and I am 17 years old. I was asked to make a presentation about myself, so here we go :)

I am very new with everything spirirual. I grew up in a super atheistic family and I have because of that always been told logical explanations to everything. Until one day when I could't find a logical explination to why I could speak to animals or dead souls. And I guess that's how it started. Since then I have  just gotten more and more into spirituality.
I see everyone here asks to read a lot in books and so. I wish I could, but I am doing an exchange in Brazil, in one of the poorest states, and the libraries here definitely don't have books about that sort of things.... I am Norwegian, so sorry for my bad English but I am still learning :)

And a last note, my profile name, Ludde, is the name of my cat which I had for 11 years. He died just two weeks ago, but he keeps giving me strenght :) So for me it is a name loaded with power and memories. Therefore I find it really spiritually, at least it works like that for me, haha.

I don't know yet if Wicca is the religion for me, but I want to learn and see. Anyways I believe a lot in demons, and I know that especially that part and other paranormalties are subjects you might help me understanding! Because you know a lot more about it than I do. I have some stories about evil spirits too which I am looking forward to share! :)

A few fun facts about myself:
*I love meeting my fears, which unfortuneately made me almost fearless :(
*I speak four languages
*I will probably move to Belarus after I'm done with High School just to learn my fifth language (russian)
Later is maybe too late

Valerie

• Ash
Re: Hi, I am Helene
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:35 AM »

Good heavens four languages, I can only just speak mine    ;D  Good for you x looking forward to hearing your stories, blessings x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:30:52 AM »

Greeting Ludde , may you find your journey here rewarding and helpful on your path .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

Welcome Ludde.  Enjoy your journey.

A web site you might check out is sacred-texts.com.  There's a lot of reading material there you may find interesting.  Also our main page wicca.com

edited to correct web site address.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »

Greetings Helene :) No worries, your English is actually great and is wonderful that you meet your fears.

Oh wow, 4 languages? That's amazing and you might be learning a 5th! I only speak English, but learned French, Italian, and Japanese (Japanese is HARD!!). Forgetting a lot of them though since I don't use it daily >.<

I wish you good luck on your spiritual path, wherever it may take you. Blessed be.

Welcome Ludde.  Enjoy your journey.

A web site you might check out is sacredtexts.com.  There's a lot of reading material there you may find interesting.  Also our main page wicca.com

Please do check them out, valuable information!

Ludde

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »

Thanks for the greetings!
And yeah, four languages - Norwegian, Norwegian Sign Language, English and Portuguese :) I actually tried to learn Japanese too, it is like 5 years ago and I remember very little of it, but I wil try again later. Same with Greek, I actually learned to read the Greek alphabet as a kid on a two-weeks vacation to Crete. I didn't learn the language, just to read, haha, I remember my parents got really surprised when I started to explain them the different letters. But I also want to learn Greek someday - since I got fascinated as a kid, so I hope I can manage to learn that too! I always had an easy time learning languages, so I guess that that is one of my stronger abilities :) 

I will check out the websides! :) Thanks!
Later is maybe too late

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »

That's really amazing Helene o.o You must have had a great time in Crete. I only remember how to write the Hiragana characters in Japanese (somewhat) now and some greetings. Kanji...is scary. I learned French from a fellow student in middle school who taught me almost daily while at child care. Would be there for a few hours waiting for my mother to pick me up. One language I really want to learn is Old English/Anglo Saxon *-* such a beautiful language. Oddly, one language that is hard for me is Spanish..not sure why, just is. Tried it, dropped the class a few days in. Always been fascinated with languages, though I wouldn't learn them all, its still great to learn about. I think we're going to get alone well! :D

thefourelements

• Cypress
  • Know that you are loved.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »

Hello Helene, and welcome to TCC. I think you did an amazing job with English in your post, so no worries! And wow, 4 languages?! You are crazy! (in a good way :D )
"You're as beautiful as you were yesterday" ~"Scars" by SayWeCanFly

Phoeanix Ashborn

• Pine
  • From the ashes...I am reborn
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »

welcome Helene. 4 languages...thats awesome!!  Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:50 AM »

Welcome to TCC Helene.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Ludde

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Kanji IS difficult, I agree! But then again, they are related to some of the Chinese characters, and those are known to be difficult. And while talking about Chinese languages, I have a little fun fact. As you know I speak Norwegian Sign Language, and did you know the grammar is more similar to Mandarin than to Norwegian? Actually it's very, very similar the grammar of Mandarin :)
Oh it is so cool that you learned French like that! :D I did almost the same with the Sami language when I think about it. Because we have a Dami channel in Norway, mom usually just put me in front om the tv when there was Sami programs for kids, and I actaully understood. But I have forgotten everything by now :(
Back to French, I have family living in France so my mom really wants me to learn it (she speaks French herself), but I am honestly a lot more eager to learn other languages. I won't say no to French but I always think having a motivation is important, or learning the language will be a burden.
I also think we'll get along very well :D

Haha, thefourelements, you think I am crazy? Wait until you hear this - I naturally understand Danish, Swedish, German and Spanish. So even though I unfortunately don't speak them I don't have any problems understanding. So you can say I understand 8 languages but just speak four of them!
Later is maybe too late

Ludde

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »

I see that I wrote "Dami", I of course meant Sami!

And MoonlitWings, you're right about Spanish being difficult. So I recommend Portuguese! :D Because you will understand Spanish after you've learned Portuguese without difficulties :) At least that worked for me.
Later is maybe too late

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »

thanks for the advice Ludde.

hecate8

• Fir
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »

Hello and welcome Helene.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
Pages: [1]   Go Up