Welcome, Guest
April 25, 2019, 10:56:52 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New from Utah  (Read 2470 times)

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
New from Utah
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm sure you are all wondering about my username. I have used this name for many chat sites over the years. So, when I registered here, naturally I used this one. If I knew how I could change it I would.

I live in Utah and was raised Mormon. Yeah, I know the horned Christians. Well Please don't think I am still one. There are way to many things about that religion I don't believe in. So I quit. I am a wood carver/sculptor/artist. I love the mountains, (and live at the foot of the Rockies). I enjoy camping, traveling, and my dogs. They are our children now. I'm the mother of 4 and the grandmother of 9.

I'm hoping to learn and understand more about Wicca then I know now. It suits me and my life style, at least from what I know of it so far. I have been practicing for about 6 years here in my limited and I'm sure you would understand secretive way.

I hope everyone will say Hi and allow me to get to know you. Thanks for allowing me to join your group.
Blessed Be!  ;D
Blessed Be!

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
Re: New from Utah
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:44:33 PM »

Hello Everyone
I hope I have not offended anyone. I see several people have read my first post. When I googled Wicca, I really didn't think I would find anything much on the internet. See, I tried to find something about this several years ago. But there wasn't anything available then, or at least I didn't find it. I'm sure it just wasn't my time.

Thank you for allowing me to be a member here. I am excited to be read and learn from all the knowledge this group has to offer. To learn and understand the feelings I have had for many years is exciting to me. I know the first book really jolted me. I couldn't believe someone else knew what I was feeling inside. These feelings and thought are normal!!!! The book I read is by Steve Rothers. After reading the book titled "Re Member", it not only opened my eyes but helped me to see that my life has a purpose. Yes, I know this sounds like many other people's stories on here and other websites. Still, this is how it was for me. One of my gifts is clairvoyance. I have had this ability from a very young age. My family was never open to my gift and would not allow me to use this gift when things would come to me. It was like they were ashamed of me.

So at the tender age of 34, and after I read Steve Rothers book. I realized my gifts are to help not only me but others as well. From that point on I started searching for more material to read. Yes this has helped to open myself more and more each day, but it isn't enough. That's when I found Cunningham's books. It has been like a light turning on! I love the teaching. That connection to nature isn't just a fluke to me. Its real!!!! My art will tell you that. I am a wood carver who enjoys carvings/sculpting's animals and nature. My husband and I go for long rides in our Ranger almost every weekend. Its like an addiction to us.

Hubby is very empathic but will not admit it. My family are very church oriented and believe I should be too (long story of which I'm sure you don't want to hear). Still, living where I do makes it very hard to enjoy the rituals and rights of what I believe in. If anyone has had the same or similar problems being able to enjoy our craft, please tell me know how you over came this. I want to enjoy the craft and purpose of my faith in Wicca. I don't like being a closet witch. It does no one any good.

Well, thanks for listening to me. I hope to meet all of you at some point. I promise I am not a raving lunatic, and I won't preach to you. I would just like to learn from the Elders and others here on this website. Sorry for being so long winded. Hope to hear from some of you. Enjoy your day!
Blessed Be!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:15:37 PM »

Welcome mamabogus . hope you find what you seek , but to you will say only this , why did you mess up the stock by painting on it . Hope it 's new and not and old Winchester , that would be criminal . ;D
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Phoeanix Ashborn

• Pine
  • From the ashes...I am reborn
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »

Welcome mama.  I was born n raised in Utah as well, so I know all about being limited and secretive in practicing my beliefs.

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:32:23 PM »

Welcome mamabogus.

Now, I have to ask...

How is the mormon belief that someone can be baptised in your stead any different from selling one's own soul to the devil?  At least with the devil you are only hurting yourself right?

And isn't that the accusation of a witch?  That they've sold their soul to the devil?

Sorry, it just popped in my head and stuck.....

:D
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »

Welcome Mamabogus.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

hello. I left in '98 but didn't psychologically leave for a long time.  I am 44 now.  so I understand living in hiding etc. and feeling like yu cannot be seen as a 'pagan' and all the other garbage.   I am descended from Mormon polygamists and midwives. they settled in Parowan(sp).  it is hard to get way from when it is generational, trust me. i had to make my peace and also understand that at that time(ch founding) there was truth to be obscured in many places, lds church was one.  my ancestors found an outlet in the priesthood where they could work their magic-an outlet if you will, complete with occultic symbols(prevalent in early Mormonism). interesting stuff.

anyway, i'm here if you need someone to vent at.  my prticular time of year it gets hard is around gen. conf. times as I was made to sit through as a child.  I am no longer angry tho' so if you just wish to go Mormon bashing (and I do not think so) I won't do it.  my whole remaining family now is Mormon and while I donot agree w/ their choices, I leave the bashing alone.  I will offer insights I have gleaned and such if you wish to pm me.  :)  again, placing that caveat in general not on you as I have seen others capitalize on a feeding frenzy of backbiting occasionally here.
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »

Oh now I wasn't snarking.  I was just thinking of ways to respond to the arguments same as I would and do christianity.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »

Welcome mamabogus.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

Oh now I wasn't snarking.  I was just thinking of ways to respond to the arguments same as I would and do christianity.
`
wasn't referring to you, doom.  you know that!  you raise valid points for thought.  I was referring more to the thread-bomb people who swoop, destroy, retreat... I guess I was made thread shy when the first wave hit in ...'06?  just don't really feel like fielding missionary jokes etc.  but then it's not my thread so i'll just go away.

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

`
wasn't referring to you, doom.  you know that!  you raise valid points for thought.  I was referring more to the thread-bomb people who swoop, destroy, retreat... I guess I was made thread shy when the first wave hit in ...'06?  just don't really feel like fielding missionary jokes etc.  but then it's not my thread so i'll just go away.

No worries sweetie, just didn't want you to think I was being an ass,  it was just something that hit my mind becuse I think about weird shit like that. :D

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »

Welcome Mamabogus.  All are welcome here regardless of past or present religion.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »

Hi Everyone
And thanks for the warm greeting to my first post. It is wonderful to know there are others who understand how it is to believe in something so strongly yet not being able to show it on the outside.

Doom, you do have a valid point. One I don't believe I, at this point, would be able to expand on more than you already have. I do agree with you though. Many of the things I have learned over the year give me many things to ponder on. No, I am not going to bash the Mormons. Not worth my time, nor does it do me or anyone else any good. So enough about that.

Old Ghost, as for the painted gun stock.... hehehehe Many people love them painted after I have carved them. Thanks for your opinion though. I find it very interesting to see how many people like them painted and how many don't. So far the painted ones are winning. By the way, it isn't a Winchester. I would never carve an beautiful old gun of that heritage. It is way to rare to find a good old Winchester in the first place. It's a pity they stopped making them.

I have been trying to decide where my art should go from here. Many people love to SEE my art. They enjoy looking, oooing over it, and making comments about it. Still, people just don't want to purchase them. I love to create what I see. It gives me a very special feeling when the images come to life in the wood. I am trying to decide if I should do more of the actual pictures (the 11" x 14" variety) or if I should stay with gun stocks. Please do not think I am trying to solicit anyone. I would just like to get some other opinions on this subject.

Soulfire, Thanks for your friendship. I look forward to chatting with you. Do you still live in Utah?

Thanks again for the warm reception everyone. I enjoy the banter here and the information. Chat with you all soon! Mama
Blessed Be!

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »

my fam helped  settle san Bernardino co in Ca, so i'm from calif. but my family on mothers side- think Mormon squared, very devout and proud to be descended from a polygamist. so asmy husband says 'I was an inner-eschelon mormon' as opposed to him who was outer but till faithful when I married him in their temple.  wehave since done what we felt t do to nullify the 'covenant' and temple rituals we did.

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »

Welcome, and many blessings mamabogus.That gunstock on your dp is very beautiful. :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up