Welcome, Guest
July 22, 2019, 05:26:55 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have social anxiety and hate introductions  (Read 1545 times)

NiennaValier

• Meṁber
  • Alder
I have social anxiety and hate introductions
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »

You can just call me Nienna. I'm Subcreator's wife. To be honest, I am just doing some searching in my life right now, and as my husband joined here I thought I would check it out myself. Besides, my best friend (male) is Wiccan and I thought I might learn more about it to understand more about him.

I come from an extremely restrictive, extremely Patriarchal, extremely fundamentalist Christian background, and was homeschooled. I almost didn't get to choose my own life partner as my family believed in arranged marriages.

When I got out of the cult finally, I attempted to hold onto some form of Christianity, but the final straw for me came sometime last year. I don't have a degree yet, so my mother offered to pay for my degree as long as I studied at an online Bible school. My first class, they used the logic of "The bible is true because it says it's true." This makes no sense; of course if you're going to start a religion you're going to claim this.

Also, I was sick of how Christians can't seem to agree with each other on pretty much any tenet of their faith, and also how they treat people who are not Christians. Another thing I couldn't wrap my mind around was if a) homosexuality is not a choice, b) God knits people together in their mother's womb, and c) homosexuals are condemned to Hell, does God just create people who will either have to suffer being all alone in this life or condemned to Hell? What kind of "loving" God would do that?

I'll be honest and say that I don't know what (if any) path I will follow, but I'm here to learn alongside my husband and support him in his search.

I used to be big into Tolkien's works and still admire them even though I'm no longer as obsessed with them as I have been, and that's where the username comes from. I have always felt an affinity with this particular character (she comes from The Silmarillion, and is one of the Valar.)

Anyway, that's just a little about me.

thefourelements

• Cypress
  • Know that you are loved.
Re: I have social anxiety and hate introductions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

Welcome, Nienna. I hope you learn much and are able to support the people in your life who you wish to support.
"You're as beautiful as you were yesterday" ~"Scars" by SayWeCanFly

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »

Warm welcome m'lady...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

Welcome Nienna :)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »

Welcome Nienna. Good choice of Names. I like Tolkien's books very much. I hope you and your
husband will be happy here. If you would please read all the sticky threads. The search button
is always available, if you have questions feel free to ask. Some one will come along to help.
There is a book list in Wicca Q&A you may want to look at. There is a lot of information here
to look through. So read, read, read, and read some more. Enjoy your time with us.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

empty6

• Cypress
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »

Welcome Nienna, I like your name (though I hope you haven't had to weep as much as she did) and was also a big fan of Tolkien works and would probably still be reading a lot if I wasn't busy with other things (like music)

I'm also still new here, but I do know there are a lot of people that can help you in your search, and like Marisol I recommend starting reading books of the booklist. Hope you like it here.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »

Welcome Nienna.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »

Hello Nienna, yes love Tolkien too x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »

Hello Nienna, and welcome.Marisol is right, just read,research, and ask a ton of questions.Some one will have an answer for you. Im new here too, and so far my journey has had some stumbling blocks, but the people here are extremely helpful. :)
Many Blessings

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »

Welcome to TCC.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

nightrain

• Elm
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 08:29:46 AM »

HI, that is an interesting story. No wonder you have a social anxiety. Feel free to open your mind and speak out. Or should I say, the way the world is headed, speak out while you still can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up