Welcome, Guest
June 16, 2019, 12:11:52 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A Norwegian hello =)  (Read 4036 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
Re: A Norwegian hello =)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 03:12:12 AM »

If I want I will be a Christian Wicca, if you got something against that it's not my problem! To have your own belief is a human right, and no moderator on this forum has a "right theory" about how the spiritual is.

(Emph. mine))

In theory, you're absolutely right.  in practice, though...

If nothing else, the Triune G-d cannot be divided the way you say you do.  It is a fundamental core belief.

As I said before.  This horse has been beaten.  I'll leave it to you, (or anyone feeling badly enough for you to help you out), to go and search this issue among the wonders of this woodland.  Eclecticism is a good thing.  Sometimes, though, it just doesn't work out all that well.  The fact that some "auteur" says different is moot to the true practitioner.  There are those, among the "literary" community that have precious little / NO respect from those of us out here that truly practice the RELIGION that they casually flount about with "White Light. goodness and Unicorns".

As a degreed Wiccan of three traditions, of four decades, I can tell you that I speak for the VAST majority of orthodox Wiccans that take umbrage at the "Christian Wiccan" tag.  By their very nature, they are incompatible.   By their practice, tenets, dogma and history they are incongruent.

Yes, you can believe whatever you want to... After all, if someone puts it in a book, it must be really for real true, right?..It's all a question of what you LABEL it.  Labeling it the way you do, around here, will garner the response you've gotten. 

After all, for US there IS NO "theory".  Our faith, to us, is a stone.  Not clay.

How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »

Welcome Karin,and may your journey supplies you with answers. :)

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:54:07 AM »

And from the "witch" peanut gallery.... We don't take too kindly to people worshiping a god who tells his followers to kill us, so it doesn't work on that path either.

Maybe you just need to join a catholic church, they're about as christian pagan as you can get.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »

Karin you introduced your beliefs to this forum, don't be surprised at the reaction you
receive. Is there a possibility you are strongly attracted to paganism, but feel guilt
about leaving your Christian upbringing behind? Give your curiosity a chance to explore
without feeling guilt, then maybe you will find your path. Either be a Christian or a Wiccan,
it's lying to yourself to try to be both at the same time. That would be like trying to mix
Christianity with the Muslim faith, total chaos. As a people our religion should connect us
with the divine in our everyday life, can you do this with two completely incompatible 
religions?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »

If I want I will be a Christian Wicca, if you got something against that it's not my problem! To have your own belief is a human right, and no moderator on this forum has a "right theory" about how the spiritual is.

I have to admit when I first read this statement, my very first thought was "I want to be a pretty pretty princess but that ain't happening either......"

::)
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:00:51 AM »

No one else wants to beat the horse?   ???

Y'all are no fun.  :-\

Karin Elena

• Elm
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »

I haven't said that I believe everything in the bible, and there are different ways of being a wicca, also when you're a Christian.

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »

What do think makes a person Wiccan?
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »

I haven't said that I believe everything in the bible, and there are different ways of being a wicca, also when you're a Christian.

Look...It's NOT that I'm saying that you're  a bad person.  It's not that I'm saying that you're not bright, witty. funny, pretty...ANY thing like that.  I'm just saying that YOU ARE WRONG.  That's all.  Nothing mean, nasty, insulting, disparaging or any other malevolence about it.  Strictly a statement of the facts as they are in this pitiful Universe we live in.  The point of ANY religion is that you GROW in  it.  There are, really, some wonderfully dedicated and degreed Wiccans out there who actually DID start out watching "Charmed", "The Craft" or "Practical Magic".  Sure, they started OUT a little looney, but they read, read, read and read some more and grew, grew, grew.

You can too.  or not, that's your choice.  But you can look forward to more ridicule on other sites than you've experienced here.  By a longshot.

Go and DO the reading.  This subject has been covered here at TCC MANY times.  Search out the threads.  We have beginner and advanced reading lists.  Find a place in there to start. 

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 05:41:24 AM »

Karin, I'm going to preface this by saying I agree with C_A about 1000 percent. Christianity and Wicca (or Neowicca) are profoundly incompatible.  This being said, it's your spiritual path, not mine.  There are plenty of Christowiccans out there and you may meet them on other Pagan forums. That is one way for you to network.  But do not expect all the members to support the idea,  Others will maintain as I would, and I think most here, that it's a cop out.  Some really good debates do happen though that you might enjoy.

C_A, can I ruin your day?  A well known pagan magazine editor told me she fully expects popular neowicca and eclectic wicca to be heavily Christianized in about 10 years.  Though Trad Wicca won't be affected, maybe not even TIW, I still got the gacks.

I mean, pick a team.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »

Karin, I'm going to preface this by saying I agree with C_A about 1000 percent. Christianity and Wicca (or Neowicca) are profoundly incompatible.  This being said, it's your spiritual path, not mine.  There are plenty of Christowiccans out there and you may meet them on other Pagan forums. That is one way for you to network.  But do not expect all the members to support the idea,  Others will maintain as I would, and I think most here, that it's a cop out.  Some really good debates do happen though that you might enjoy.

C_A, can I ruin your day?  A well known pagan magazine editor told me she fully expects popular neowicca and eclectic wicca to be heavily Christianized in about 10 years.  Though Trad Wicca won't be affected, maybe not even TIW, I still got the gacks.

I mean, pick a team.

Why?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »

I think it's a question of plain-and-simple homogeny.  (I had heard that premise before, as well.)

I'll post again on this after I coalesce the thoughts.

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »

FS, which part of my post are you questioning?

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »

Ashe what was the reasoning behind your friends statement Re: Christianized Wicca?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »

Simply that we swim in a sea of Christianity, and with Neowicca becoming so available to the general public the prevailing religion of our culture is bound to seep in. This is one reason I prefer initiatory Wicca with core beliefs that remain stable.  This is not to say  all others here wish to blend Christianity or would even consider it, but the times they are a changin' according to Anne Newkirk Niven (pagan magazine editor) and my experience in various pagan forums. The Christian indoctrination so prevalent in our society seems very, very hard for people to overcome. And there is a common belief among many pagans that Jesus was all accepting and tolerant, and therefore would be perfectly happy being invoked in a pagan ritual.  Cringe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up