Welcome, Guest
October 22, 2019, 01:46:21 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Norwegian hello =)  (Read 4538 times)

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
Re: A Norwegian hello =)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »

There are other, more subtle aspects of Christianity that infiltrate some pagan thought such as the struggle of good vs evil, the trinity, the fear of judgement by various pagan deities and other things.  I know those concepts are complex and some predate Christianity but their influence in modern paganism seems based on Christian tenets.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »

FS, which part of my post are you questioning?

Why pick a team?  Not being argumentative, and with the utmost sincerity and respect...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 06:47:42 AM »

Christian theology and Wiccan, or Neowiccan, theology are entirely at odds.  I believe other pagan religions would not blend well either, but since some have successfully syncretized  with the Church over the centuries I'm reluctant to make such a broad statement.

I want to clarify that I'm talking about Christowicca here, and not necessarily Christianity that employs witchcraft. Though it seems to violate scripture, witchcraft alone doesn't have a theology embedded in it.

Did I answer the question FS?  I get the feeling you might have some counterarguments ready.....
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

Christian theology and Wiccan, or Neowiccan, theology are entirely at odds.  I believe other pagan religions would not blend well either, but since some have successfully syncretized  with the Church over the centuries I'm reluctant to make such a broad statement.

I want to clarify that I'm talking about Christowicca here, and not necessarily Christianity that employs witchcraft. Though it seems to violate scripture, witchcraft alone doesn't have a theology embedded in it.

Did I answer the question FS?  I get the feeling you might have some counterarguments ready.....

Yep... good answer.   :D

There are those that see this adultery test in Numbers 5:11-31 as very similar to some later Coptic ritual practices, such as writing a spell on papyrus, placing the piece of papyrus in a small vessel, dissolving the writing in a drinkable liquid, and then drinking it, or having somebody else drink it.  There are even drinking bowls with spells and prayers or blessings, engraved on them that work basically the same way.  The liquid is poured in to the bowl, possibly massaged a bit, and left for a little while, then drunk (or offered).

But getting back to what I asked about, I agree that Wicca and Biblical Christianity are mutually incongruent.  What I meant was, why choose either?  Not that there is anything wrong with either... both are religions with many devout followers; if you lose the bindings of religion, and merely practice that which resonates with your core beliefs it's just as valid, but you can't call it something that it's not... it won't be Wicca, or Biblical Christianity, but something else entirely, which isn't a bad thing either... no?   

"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Jamni90

• Pine
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »

Yay another norwegian ^^
Welcome, i hope you'll enjoy your stay.

CelticWanderer

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Life is a journey, so journey well.
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

A 100,000 welcomes!!!! May your journey always be blessed!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up