Welcome, Guest
July 15, 2019, 10:56:37 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1075 times)

Rehcra

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hello
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:11:39 PM »

Hello, My name is Archer.
I suppose I should tell a bit about myself.
Theres not really much to tell.  I was a Christian up until my senior year of highschool when my pastor kicked me off of one of the boards at church because of my sexuality and when I was told by my favorite teacher that I couldn't be a Christian because of it. (Although that has nothing to do with my choice to not be a part of that religion. I dont believe I need to try to belong to a group who opposes who I am so completely.)
I have always been interested in Wicca, but never pursued it because it was hard enough living in a small town in Texas. As I am in college now, I have started making my own path and following what I want rather than what people have told me I had to do.
I generally understand and feel more comfortable with nature than I do with people.I have skimmed through Cunninghams Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and decided to come back to that after I learn and read a bit more. Currently I am Reading Thea Sabins book.
Im kind of stuck with the part where Im supposed to relax and rub my hands together then slowly pull them apart and try to sense the energy between them. Not sure how many times a day I should practice and try. But I did skip to the part about visualization. It turns out that I have been practicing that most of my life, I just didnt have a name for it.
Ive rambled on enough for now. Nice to meet you.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »

Nice to meet you too Archer, cool name btw :) welcome and take your time learning about your path. Thea Sabin's book is a good start, same with Scott Cunningham's (love his books). If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask the members here. Take a look at the newbie section as well as the Wicca section. Read, read, and read some more. Happy reading ;D

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:01 AM »

Hello Archer  ;D
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Nieske

• Orange
  • Mother of Dragons
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:40 AM »

Welcome :)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:30:30 AM »

Hi Archer, welcome to TCC. I read through your intro and I find it a little disturbing that you should feel pushed out of your path. In fact that to me is a disgusting attitude. I understand you have taken an interest in Wicca, which is great, but is this merely because you feel rejected from Christianity? You are free to be a Christian no matter what your sexuality is, and those who say otherwise are not showing much of their own Christianity at all.

It might be a point worth considering; and bear in mind many people have successfully combined Christianity with Pagan beliefs, another option if you feel close to nature.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »

Hello Archer and welcome. One bad experience with thoughtless
Christians shouldn't force you to abandon your religion. Not unless
you want to? You are more than welcome to study any path you
choose here. ;)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Rehcra

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »

Sorry for the confusion, I was actually interested in Wicca before I became a Christian. I became a Christian more because I was pushed into it and afraid than because I wanted to. I feel my experience with Christianity was a mere stop in the road helping me to understand that I need to follow my own path rather than the one other people try to force on me. However, dont get me wrong, I dont hate all Christians. I respect the religion, as I respect everyone elses beliefs. Its just not my path.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »

All good then Arch,  ;D  One good thing to come out of it all, is that having an understanding of other religions, goes a long way to understanding your own chosen path.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »

Welcome Archer.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

OpalButterfly

• Orange
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:51 AM »

Welcome, Archer. Lovely to have you.  :)
"All of us are in the Gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Lady 's Windermere's Fan, Oscar Wilde
Pages: [1]   Go Up