Welcome, Guest
April 25, 2019, 10:51:39 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 1234 times)

Enlil

• Meṁber
  • Alder
New to forum
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »

Greetings from the SF bay area.

I'm new to the forum and to online discussions like this. For the past 26 years I have been practicing the Hermetic qabalah and up till moving to California I was part of an order (coven) that was very active so the need to share online wasn't needed. Not that it is a bad thing, just different from what I am used to.

Our order was very heavy into the traditions, rituals and magicks and while most would characterize it as a left hand path, it fit very well with what I had needed in my life.

As business prospered, I moved to northern California and found a very large community of wiccan and pagan followers which I thought would be a good thing. Having been in a very structured order I am still getting used to the differences here in the area. I've not followed the wiccan or pagan path so I am not sure if these ways of practicing here in my area are new or normal, they are just a lot different than what I am used to.

When I moved here I sought out like minded people so that I could continue to learn and grow. What I found is that all (the one's that I met) are more into the name than the practice. Hopefully that makes sense and please don't think that I am knocking what they do, just explaining what I have found here in the bay area.

Now I do not claim to know all the rituals or magicks, but here from what I have found is that those here are more symbolic in their practice. Again, I am knocking this practice, just trying to wrap my head around it as it is not what I am used to.

Anyway, since I've not found an order here in my area, I began looking for places where I can continue to learn and grow. I stumbled across this forum and found it to be an open place where people can gather and share. I come with an open mind and look forward to learning new ways.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »

Welcome Enlil. Be sure to read the sticky threads. If you are looking for a particular topic
try the search button. If you need to ask a question, feel free to do so. This is a wonderful
community of knowledgeable people so enjoy your time with us.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum fellow Californian  ;D and hello!

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »

Moved from the SF Area (San Jose) to Tornado Alley.  I don't miss the 280 at rush hour or earthquakes but the tornado sirens took some getting used to.  Hope to see you on the threads!
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »

Welcome Enlil... seen Enki lately?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 03:59:31 AM »

Hello  ;D
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Enlil

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:09:31 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been reading a lot of the older threads and I am sure that I will have plenty of questions.

I've not seen Enki, but not for a lack of looking  ;)

gwargeek

• Cypress
  • walking the path of Wicca to soothe my soul
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 04:43:40 AM »

Welcome Enlil.I believe you have come to the right place.
Many Blessings

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 06:56:08 AM »

???

Welcome to TCC.  A recent incarnation I presume?
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »

Welcome Enlil.  I hope you find what you seek.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up