Welcome, Guest
October 22, 2018, 09:28:15 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Pagan to Christian??  (Read 13342 times)

lamia

• Elm
Re: Pagan to Christian??
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »

I am Christian and I am fulfilled by my beliefs,

Just out of curiosity, if you are  a christian why are you on a pagan forum? I never look at christian forums, but this got me thinking that maybe I should have a look to see what they are saying about pagans!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ?WOO HOO what a ride!!?

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »

Just out of curiosity, if you are  a christian why are you on a pagan forum? I never look at christian forums, but this got me thinking that maybe I should have a look to see what they are saying about pagans!

Most people who come here are interested in learning more about paganism or Wicca specifically.  Once you're here, it's hard not to make a few friends with so many good people who post.  If you decide to leave paganism behind, why should you do the same to your friends?  It's not like all we do is sit around and talk about paganism all the time.  And even if we did, why can't a non-pagan have a view on pagan topics too?  People can be like-minded and therefore enjoy each others' company and be followers of different religions, no?  :)
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 05:01:46 AM »

Quote from: The Pet Goddess on June 22, 2009, 10:16:04 PM:  Pssst... If not the pic, the personality, FireWillow. 

Yeah...so what if only two people get it!

The expression is me, no?

:D  Yep.  You couldn't have picked a better pic.   :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:04:29 AM by The Pet Goddess »
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Amytheststorm

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 06:31:12 AM »

Quote from: The Pet Goddess on June 22, 2009, 10:16:04 PM:  Pssst... If not the pic, the personality, FireWillow. 

:D  Yep.  You couldn't have picked a better pic.   :D

LOL!!! I LOVE IT!!!  ;) ;D

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 08:52:18 AM »

Just out of curiosity, if you are  a christian why are you on a pagan forum?

This is a "pagan forum"?

Maybe partly.  But certainly not exclusively.

The lady who owns the site is a gnostic Christian.  (Take a look at her "Nature's Inner Circle" on the main site pages.)

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »

On a Catholic board I used to frequent, there were a few people who told of their conversion from pagan back to Christianity.
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

1melissa3

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »

I have come to really desire good conversation and I am interested in people. . .  Why have I come here??  because from what I grew up with and what I know, even how it may fit in to traditional church gatherings for the one side, there are other parts to it that are not commonly acceptable, like incense and candles, and the such. . .  Just an example, I could be more Catholic than Baptist, or more Pentecostal than either.  Howeversobeit, I love the things I have learned from this forum, however so short of a time I have been here, and the people are not so far off from how I am that I cannot relate.  I know my heart, I do not fake it, I struggle. . . but not with fulfillment of my beliefs. . . instead, rather, with self-destructive people.

1melissa3

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

. . . that is in my heart. . . and the fact that I cannot help/deliver them from their ways of rebellion. . .  as it is their journey and not mine.  When you love people, you so sorely want to FIX thigns, however, in doing so, perhaps you are messing up and enabling them, keeping them in their self-destructive disposition. . .  This is just my thoughts on my way and my struggle.  Quite personal, it is, much more like perversions to a pervert, I had always, through the years of maturing, felt like I had to hide behind my mousiness. . .  My slightness in character. . .  howeversobeit, I have learned a great deal because of all this, contrary to the appearances of things in general. . .

All me and mine aside. . .

I think that more and more, perhaps we will see an increase in the pagan ways because Christianity is NOT what it was from the root and it has become far more about appearances and laws. . .   Or so my experiences have been.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »

Make that 3. I got it.  ;D
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »

Oh, but we do, we DO!

The man said,(and I paraphrase, here...),  "ANY sentence that doesn't contain the words 'indictment' or 'terminal' is SMALL STUFF, don't sweat it"
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 10:18:21 PM »

I often hear of Christians converting to paganism because they can not get fulfilment from Christianity, but I have never heard of it the other way round,  a pagan converting to Christianity, just wondered if anyone else has.

You might be interested in these people:

http://www.exwitch.org/

(They used to have a forum but they took it down a couple years ago.)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 06:14:53 AM »

You might be interested in these people:

http://www.exwitch.org/

(They used to have a forum but they took it down a couple years ago.)

The new forum is up, but my old logon doesn't work...

http://www.exwitch.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=83
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 05:57:36 PM »

The new forum is up, but my old logon doesn't work...

Oh, really ??

When were you on there?  And who were you?

I'm pretty sure I used my old "Nesok" name.  And it was quite a few years ago.  Shortly after my original sign-up at the wicca-dot-com forum.

Ashling

• Hawthorn
    • Ashling's Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »

Not sure baout pagans but I've known hindus to switch to christianity. A couple anyway, though usually for silly reasons like not getting along with some people in the community and changing religions to then act and feel superior. Really childish.
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference (Elie Wiesel).

http://www.myspace.com/malini18

nostikquest

• Rowan
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 09:15:19 AM »

There was a point in my life where I converted from a more Pagan based religion to Christianity.  The reason I did this is because I read a book called "A Divine Revelation Of Hell" by Mary K. Baxter where she supposedly had Jesus take her to hell and show her the supposed horrors of what happens to people who are not Christians.  I got scared and converted to Christianity.  I desparately attempted to also convert all those around me because I didn't want them to face the horrors of hell.  However, after about 9 years I realized how unfulfilled I felt.  I turned from fundamental Christianity to Gnosticism.  Without realizing I began to pick up many Pagan beliefs (I realize it now of course).  Gnostic Christianity actually has much more in common with Paganism than fundamental Christianity at least from what I have gathered.  I have talked with other people who have converted from Paganism to Christianity.  I'd say it happens just as often as Christians converting to Paganism. 

I never look at christian forums, but this got me thinking that maybe I should have a look to see what they are saying about pagans!

I was involved in an intense discussion on a Christian forum about Paganism.  Half of them were accusing Pagans of being Satanists while others were just saying that Paganism is not necessarily Satanism, but it is not Christian either.  I brought up the idea of Christopagans, some of them didn't like that too much.   :)
Nate

My myspace is www.myspace.com/natefoy76 feel welcome to add me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up