Welcome, Guest
May 23, 2019, 10:27:27 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Elemental Rudeness  (Read 2407 times)

Inge

• Rowan
Elemental Rudeness
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:18:27 AM »

I apologize for posting elsewhere without first introducing myself.

My name is Inge.

I am currently struggling with narcoleptic symptoms that tend to wax and wane accordingly to my husband's bipolar shifts. I had developed a worsening sense of pain about three to four years ago. My attending PA started me out with Nuvigil and Cymbalta, both are remarkable products but after about a year neither seemed adequately effective enough for me to function. I had been taught as a child to not just "take a pill" and decided to stop the Cymbalta, keeping the Nuvigil for rare, occasions use. After another year of mental fog, wretched,  achey pain and a ridiculously inconvenient drowsiness, I discussed my issues with my boss, an Arabic doctor. He suggested I go to a psychiatric physician with ADD. I did not resent the label nor did I feel necessarily diagnosed correctly, I, instead, felt desperate to overcome the mental fog and pain that had become much more chronic. I currently take a low dose Adderall, which, surprisingly to me, has made a significant difference in the quality of my work day. I don't take it on the weekends and I appreciate not having to "come off of it", as when I could not afford the Cymbalta and choose to discontinue it, I had very complicated symptoms that only magnified my already distracted state at work.

I had not ever considered taking prescription medications before because of the expense and because anything taken long term represents a type of dependency that I was taught would discredit not only my presence but also my conversation. I was taught much differently than I've come to believe, now, however.  High levels of stress and trauma can and will induce the very symptoms I now struggle with and I no longer doubt the validity of such consequences.

It is my hope to bring our medical office forth in the way that we can correctly identify and adequately treat our patients. It is also my hope that my children will mature into adulthood understanding success to be as their own, accordingly.

As for my magical path, I'm a Gypsy.

I believe many things that are not common. I believe some illnesses, some conditions carry a an odor and that when people talk not only their medical conditions are potentially revealed but so is their method if treatment. It may not always be by odor. Sometimes the levels of intellect, the mental planes, etc are represented from within the depths, facets, of conversation. This is not ignorant superstition. It's true, accordingly to my experience.

However I may come across, I hope to ensure the board of an important point of my presence. I'm not here thinking I know so much, rather, I am here to learn.

♡ Much Appreciated  ♡

Inge
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

Fear not the hand of death but rather the mind of torture.

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
Re: Elemental Rudeness
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »

You weren't being rude, you just didn't know the ropes.  No worries.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:53 AM »

Welcome to TCC, Inge.  You have filled us in quite fully on your medical situations and beliefs. What about spiritual?  Do you follow a particular path or religion?  This site is primarily for the sharing of and learning of different paths and religious followings.  Your input in those areas would be a welcome contribution.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

Welcome to the forum Inge

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:00:58 AM »

Welcome to TCC Inge.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »

Welcome Inge. I'm most interested to understand what spiritual path you follow.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »

Well, accordingly, I am a Spiritualist.

The discipline that has ruled my life is IFB Christian.

However, obviously,  we are bound from within many books.

From genetic sequencing to Luciferian synchronicity, our disciplined paths may not reveal our truest depths and sometimes detrimental consequential ignorances bind us more than any oppositional adversary.
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »

Is that Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Christian?  Somehow I think not but just asking...

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

Why do you think not?

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »

There just seems to be some dissonance between Christian Fundamentalism and the beliefs and practices you describe.  But you wouldn't be the first Christopagan on the site or Christian mystic, and it could prove very interesting. Heck, we can always use fresh perspectives.

So, fill us in if you like, your choice. Are you a fundamentalist Baptist who likes to veer into the pagan world?  Or other? Or did I get it wrong?

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »

I married into the IFB. It has been my discipline for over 15 years. Rather, very well, Christian mysticism wasn't something I veered into. I was born into and raised very close with schizophrenia. While I, personally, am not schizophrenic, being subjected to such at the levels I have has given me an entirely different perspective than what is acceptable. I'm very tired. The lack of understanding that encompassed by has forced me to realize I may not ever be welcome within any church fellowship. However, in the last several years, I've learned to handle not having the support system such could have represented in my family's life.  ♡  I'm not a mystic on purpose. In and by fact, I wouldn't boast to be a mystic at all. I often say I'm just very sensitive and have married superstition.

I am drawn to this site because it seems others here may share an understanding that,  elsewhere, is yet unfounded by me. Even from within the psych forums, there does not seem to be the same level of focus.

~ M ~

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »

~ M ~

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »

WHAT in the seven circles did I just read?!?!  :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Fauna

• Rowan
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:53 AM »

When you figure it out Drac - would you clue me in? 
"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head"

Eminem

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 05:49:49 AM »

Are you a retired majishun? Something about the way you write seems to suggest such.

~ M ~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up