Welcome, Guest
June 16, 2019, 11:32:04 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Disconcerning Irritant  (Read 1469 times)

Inge

• Rowan
A Disconcerning Irritant
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:13:58 PM »

Does anyone else work with younger, immature, bossy yet seemingly incompetent people apparently promoted due to flimsy seniority than qualifying factors and superior work ethic?

Some days! OMG.

I took the two days off to recover and the two cohorts seem to be combing through my entire schedule to nit-pick over while I'm not even there to attempt any damage control or manage any cleanup.

Why do professional offices put such people in positions of authority?
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

Fear not the hand of death but rather the mind of torture.

~ M ~

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: A Disconcerning Irritant
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »

That kind of attitude is prevalent everywhere these days, and not just in offices. I have seen, all too often, people coming into management positions straight from college or university, without having an inkling what the company itself is all about. I utterly hate them for that (not the individual). They try to make decisions based on what was written in a text book or a white board, no experience whatsoever, they know nothing of the tasks of the working Joe, no consideration for possible issues that may delay process and so on.

Give me a "grass roots" manager any day, and that person I can work with. Someone who has been there, done that, and worn the same shoes as I have.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »

That kind of attitude is prevalent everywhere these days, and not just in offices. I have seen, all too often, people coming into management positions straight from college or university, without having an inkling what the company itself is all about. I utterly hate them for that (not the individual). They try to make decisions based on what was written in a text book or a white board, no experience whatsoever, they know nothing of the tasks of the working Joe, no consideration for possible issues that may delay process and so on.

Give me a "grass roots" manager any day, and that person I can work with. Someone who has been there, done that, and worn the same shoes as I have.
Well, I would be the last to say these two, in particular, fail miserably in fulfilling their individual job duties but at the same time, they seem to find it necessary to find flaws and relentlessly criticize anyone else's accomplishments, accordingly. It's very wearing and distracts the unit from optimal job performance. If such professionals sincerely have the best interest of the business in mind then that kind of behaviour would be minimized if not cut out completely.  Or so it seems to me.
Reveal this to me:  Is your presence one of support and loyal admonition toward previlant peace or is your presence a warning of what is yet to come. 

~ M ~

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »

Well it certainly doesn't make for a comfortable work atmosphere, and in turn would be detrimental to productivity. Seems to me that a good dose of re-learning would go a long way for these two.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:16:19 PM »

I'm impressed. You show yourself to understand my writing.  ;)

~ M ~

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »

I try..... LoL

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:22 AM »

An interesting, yet developed site...  http://hornetsnestuniversallifechurch.org/wicca/

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »

What made you decide to link us to this site, out of the thousands out there on Neowicca? What makes it interesting?
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »

Is it offensive to you?

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »

Not at all.  I just didn't see much information. What made it stand out to you as an interesting link?

Inge

• Rowan
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »

It also links to another site I saw mentioned here in an older thread, if I'm not mistaken:  http://www.witchvox.com/

The previous site is yet developed. It stood out because I was reading another reference that lead me there.

~ M ~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »

Okay, it's clearer now.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up