Welcome, Guest
December 10, 2018, 10:59:04 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, I'm soulfire's daughter  (Read 1659 times)

Natures Whisper

• Fir
Hey, I'm soulfire's daughter
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »

Hey, I am Soulfire's daughter. I've watched her post on this site for many years over her shoulder and tried to join a few years ago, but I was just too busy to actively keep up on the threads.  My life has been a state of change for a few years now and I finally feel like it starting to come back to many of the things she taught me and inspired me to search out for myself. The biggest change has been that my mother is transitioning from this world to the next.  The nurses say it won't be long now, but she's comfortable, at home, and surrounded by her family.  I've had a few people who knew my mother thru the internet reach out to me for information and I'm thinking maybe now is the time for me to get over my fears of having any kind of social online presence and reach back. 

Some information about me: I watched my family transition thru several different beliefs until we all just kinda settled into whatever felt individually right. For myself, I felt I always got my answers from animals and nature and have patterned much of my life professionally and spiritually around that. Some of my practices look like Wicca since I take a lot of symbolism from the elements and prefer to keep balance between a divine lord and lady, although the names will change depending on what I'm going thru. I rely a lot on instinct and wisdom that I've gathered from others, but will admit to not having a lot of knowledge about different religions and magic... yet.
“The same rain that draws you near me falls on rivers and land, and ocean and sand, makes the beautiful world that you see in the morning.”

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
Re: Hey, I'm soulfire's daughter
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »

Welcome Nature's Whisper.  I will hold a good thought for the comfort of you and your family, and  that your family is at peace with whatever course your mother's illness takes. We are happy to have you with us and I hope you find growth and contentment here.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »

Welcome to TCC Nature's Whisper. I'll also hold good thoughts for you and your family.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »

Welcome to TCC NW, we are really pleased to have you join us here. I hope you learn to feel comfortable with us, by all means post as much or as little as you are comfortable with, if you need to know anything, we are here.

I too offer good thoughts for you all.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »

Welcome, Nature's Whisper. I think you'll find you're among friends here, and there's nothing to fear. We look forward to hearing more from you. I hope your mom's transition will be painless and peaceful.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »

I'm very pleased to welcome you Natures Whisper. Your mother has been a great inspiration to me since I have been here. I have always admired her. I know this is a sad time for you that I share also. Anything we can do for you just yell.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum Natures Whisper. It is sad to hear that SF is close to transitioning from this world to the next, but at least she is comfortable and surrounded by loved ones. Will continue to keep SF and your family in my thoughts.

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 05:04:04 AM »

Hi, am a newby here welcome from me too x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 09:45:54 AM »

Welcome Natures Whisper.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and energy workings.  I wish your Mother a peaceful passing.  You will find friends and comfort here should you need us.  Blessings, Arn
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Natures Whisper

• Fir
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:35 PM »

Hey Valerie.  I noticed you have Odin's horse as your avatar.  I'm curious about this, since the Scandinavian God's are one of the pantheons I"m am curious in... also I'm in love with horses. =>
“The same rain that draws you near me falls on rivers and land, and ocean and sand, makes the beautiful world that you see in the morning.”

Natures Whisper

• Fir
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »

Hey Valerie! I noticed that you have Odin's horse as your avatar.  I"m curious about that since the Scandinavian pantheon is one that I follow from time to time... also I'm in love with horses +>

Natures Whisper

• Fir
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »

Hey Valerie! I noticed that you have Odin's horse as your avatar.  I"m curious about that since the Scandinavian pantheon is one that I follow from time to time... also I'm in love with horses +>

Sorry... got confused for a moment and thought my original post didn't actually post... wow I"m still so new at this =/

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 02:45:57 AM »

Don't worry NW, before long you'll be posting like a pro....
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »

Hi and welcome! Sorry to hear about your mom though hon. I am glad that you guys are all able to be together in this time. Transitioning is never easy... My mother just passed this January, it's strange though. At first it really felt like a loss, but in the months coming closer to now it feels as though she is closer to me than before she passed (We lived several states away and almost never saw each other). Some times when I feel alone and lost it feels like she is holding me or I can "feel" her near me. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but it feels like she is still with me even though her body is gone. I know that you will be able to find lots of good people and information here and I hope to be able to see you around the boards!
Between two evils, I always pick the one I've never tried before. -Mae West

Natures Whisper

• Fir
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »

Hi and welcome! Sorry to hear about your mom though hon. I am glad that you guys are all able to be together in this time. Transitioning is never easy... My mother just passed this January, it's strange though. At first it really felt like a loss, but in the months coming closer to now it feels as though she is closer to me than before she passed (We lived several states away and almost never saw each other). Some times when I feel alone and lost it feels like she is holding me or I can "feel" her near me. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but it feels like she is still with me even though her body is gone. I know that you will be able to find lots of good people and information here and I hope to be able to see you around the boards!

That is beautiful. I haven't felt my mother around me that much, but that may be my own blocks.  I almost feel like she's incredibly busy somewhere else now that she can be!  I did go and try to seek her out in meditation the other night, though, because I really wanted a hug. I a felt like I got one and could hear her voice in my head telling me once more that I always give the best hugs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up