Welcome, Guest
June 23, 2018, 03:00:45 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Salutations!  (Read 3278 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Salutations!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »

Certainly, I do not wish to offend anyone not would I like to get benched/banned for inappropriate content. The dream itself has nudity in the sense of some type of ritualistic bath/cleansing and I know that at least in America most adults tend to sexualize any form of nudity.

I would like to get insight on what you meant by the may not be a dream comment however. Is there another method where I could send you what happened without upsetting the more reserved patrons of the site?

It's simply a case of protecting the youngsters and protecting ourselves. If the youngsters puters are monitored, we don't want to give any parents the impression that we are allowing anything, that could be deemed dubious in any way, to harm their children. We are just being careful and as responsible as we can.

The dream aspect could be that your psyche was kicking in to protect you, and your mind was using the persona of a blue Dragon. A fearsome entity that would be viewed as strong enough to protect you. Or, perhaps you have a Dragon as your spirit guide you didn't know about before. It's quite rare to have a "mythical" being as a spirit guide, but it does happen; to me that is very special.

I should also throw out there, I like a few teas, but I am predominantly a coffee drinker.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Peridot

• Rowan
  • Feather-brained and fabulous.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »

Hi Peri! I am new here too, well sort of... it's been years since I have been on but everyone I have had met so far seems amazing! Oh and I like tea too my favorite is lapsang souchong.

Hello! That has been my impression too, every one is very kind and welcoming. :) I have never even heard of lapsang souchong! Is there a brand you would recommend?

Best of luck with your blue dragon. It sounds like a truly powerful experience.
"May my words, like baby vegetables, be tender and sweet; for I may have to eat them tomorrow."

Peridot

• Rowan
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »

Be still my heart! Messy Tupperware cabinets everywhere tremble in fear of my skill! Thank you so much for the welcome. :D

Best thing I have seen all day!!!  8) ;D Thank you for the visual of the food storage containers pleading for your aid in being reunited with their beloved lids from the evil cabinets of messiness.... Howling with laughter!

You are most welcome! Alphabetized spice racks rejoice, lost spoons returned to their family, and a garbage bin you can eat out of because it has faced the wrath of my sponge. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for messy kitchens everywhere. XD
"May my words, like baby vegetables, be tender and sweet; for I may have to eat them tomorrow."

Peridot

• Rowan
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »

Drac, whenever I drink coffee I mutilate it into a creamy sugary syrup. One of my best friends would glare at me every time I had a cup because of it. My personal view is if it's going to give me a caffeine boost, it'll give me a sugar high as well. How do you take yours?

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

I have milk in my coffee and lots of sugar. I drink coffee instead of juice, I drink it on hot days, and if I have a dreuth I let the coffee get stone cold, quenches that dreuth big time. I do drink copious quantities of the stuff.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »

Peri, you are not alone my friend, my husband cringes every time I make/order a coffee for myself. ;) Yey for the glorious consumption of mass quantities of coffee! I have a Keurig and a 12 cup coffee maker, the Keurig makes my first cup in seconds so I have something to drink while I wait for the rest of my coffee to finish.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I've never tried before. -Mae West

Peridot

• Rowan
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »

It sounds like you both (Drac and Daring) have more coffee than blood in your body! It's my go-to drink for all nighters, hangovers, and airports. I have a healthy respect for the caffeinated goodness.

'Dreuth' meaning 'thirst'?

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »

It sounds like you both (Drac and Daring) have more coffee than blood in your body!

That would be a fair assumption, at least on my end. It is practically the only drink for me with the occasional water and tea thrown in for variety. I used to be much worse though lol. I worked in a cafe and at the height of my caffeine consumption was drinking at least one 7 shot mocha a day. on top of all the coffee and other "normal" lattes and chai.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I've never tried before. -Mae West

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »

Dreuth = an unquenchable thirst; the kind that doesn't go away no matter how much you seem to drink

I have drank so much coffee for so long now the caffeine doesn't effect me. I can drink coffee as a bedtime drink.

Peridot

• Rowan
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

Even at the height of my former coffee addiction, I could never drink so much! You two knock the socks off me! Incredible!

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »

Dreuth = an unquenchable thirst; the kind that doesn't go away no matter how much you seem to drink

I have drank so much coffee for so long now the caffeine doesn't effect me. I can drink coffee as a bedtime drink.

I'm the same way. I started drinking coffee when I was 4 or 5 and even now drink it from the time I get up until early evening.

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 07:45:20 PM »

Just want to mention something.  I found out the hard way caffeine is not as innocuous as it seems.  I ended up in the hospital several years ago with  potassium deficiency and dehydration.  The doctor thinks excess caffeine consumption probably had me borderline depleted already, and when I caught pneumonia it was enough to send my electrolytes wacky. In addition to dehydration. Being home by myself fainting repeatedly really sucked, I can tell you.

If you consume a lot of caffeine, eat a lot of potassium rich foods and be aware of the signs of dehydration as caffeine is a powerful diuretic.

Aren't I just a little ray of sunshine here???  But do be careful.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Peridot

• Rowan
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 09:57:53 PM »

Perfectly valid, Ashe, and certainly important to keep in mind. Caffeine is ultimately a drug, and while it is physiologically very difficult to OD, it can affect one's health (both body and mind). My health is one of the reasons why I turned to tea.

I hope your health has improved, Ashe. Pneumonia is not fun, from my experience.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »

I adore dark coffee  just as it is , no cream or sugar to pollute it. But I have found if a person tends to dehydrate quickly, coffee
and tea should be taken in moderation. I do need at least 40 oz. of water a day to stay hydrated.

I have often heard tea is higher in caffeine than coffee. But both are equally lovely. ;D
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »

I have milk in my coffee and lots of sugar. I drink coffee instead of juice, I drink it on hot days, and if I have a dreuth I let the coffee get stone cold, quenches that dreuth big time. I do drink copious quantities of the stuff.

Exactly right...  My son was at a gathering with a friend and they were looking for me.  His friend asked what I looked like.  My son told her to look for a hippy looking woman with a large cup of coffee in her hand. LOL
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up