Welcome, Guest
June 15, 2019, 08:25:58 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh hai there  (Read 1856 times)

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
Oh hai there
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....
A woman sat at her keyboard. She hated
doing introduction pieces because she never
knew what to say...

Well now that I have gotten that off my chest, hello everyone! I am old/new to the boards but lost all my information (years ago) so I had to "reinvent" myself. Oh well, change is good they say. I am intensely goofy and carefree with those I am close to, but shy and often times afraid of dealing with the public in general. 

If anything I would describe myself as a dedicated mother and wife with a definite leaning towards hearth and home. My husband loves me deeply but worries that I don't seem to be active socially and worries at my lack of friends/companions with like minds and ideas. It is his belief that we all need someone to be able to confide in, to get advice from when you need, and offer bald truths in a firm but caring manner when you stray from your path.

Outside acceptance has been something that has most often escaped me. As a pansexual who also identifies as a cottage witch, a geek, freak, gamer girl, reader, car buff (I own a 75 Merc Comet that I am restoring), not to mention an occasional "girly girl" ... I have pretty much garnered nothing but hate and derision when I let anyone "inside". So I have stopped trying to get others to understand/accept me and put all my efforts and love into my home and my family.

Because I understand his sentiment and value his opinions I have decided to return to one of the few places that I have always received welcome.  Kind of at a loss for what else there is to know about me, so if anyone can think of something that they would like to know, feel free to ask.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I've never tried before. -Mae West

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Oh hai there
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »

Welcome Daring_One. I also struggle with being among strangers, however there are no strangers here.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »

Welcome to TCC  D_O, Thanks for the intro, we all appreciate when our new members post these. It helps us to know you and we can talk to you more freely or answer questions more geared for you.

Were you actually a member here before? can you remember anything about your time here? any clues and we might be able to locate you.

Other than that, enjoy your time with us.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »

@ Marisol, thank you for the welcome, and yes I remember the open and nurturing nature from the last time I was on. A home away from home so to speak.

@Draconis Rex Yes at one point I had been a member, right after my divorce when I felt very lost and adrift. Roughly eight years ago now. Unfortunately I have had and still have more email addresses than the night sky has stars lol. Most of which I cannot get access to any longer. It's okay though, sometimes to move forward you have to let go of the past.

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:56:41 PM »

Welcome to TCC D_O.

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »

Thank you Canis, I am sure I will find what I am looking for here, even if I have no idea what it is now.  :)

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »

Welcome to TCC, Daring_One.

Quote, "Lack of friends/companions with like minds and ideas."

I can relate.....

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

Yeah! Tell me about it!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »

Thank you Alchymist! By the by awesome pic of Auron, although I have a stronger affinity to Rikku myself. Thought of cosplaying her at some point, then again I have an utter fascination for Harley Quinn though... :-\ Decisions, decisions

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:33 AM »

Omg another Rikku fan <3 squee~ my sister and you would get along lol, she also loves Harley Quinn and Joker to no end! xD you could always cosplay as both.

Welcome to the forum fellow gamer girl *salutes* ;D

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »

Thank you Alchymist! By the by awesome pic of Auron, although I have a stronger affinity to Rikku myself.

Well. I never knew my avatar pic had a name, although in retrospect I guess I should have known he would have. Thank you for the information, Daring_One. I simply found the image somewhere and liked the look of it; to me he represents my Alter Ego, The Alchymist. One of my Alter Egos, I should say. I invented what seemed like a suitable backstory for him, which turned out to be uncannily close to that of Auron as described in the Final Fantasy websites..... Last time I checked, he was at the TI Tavern here on the Forum, with his companion, the Phantom Hound presaging death, Barghest.

Rikku strikes me as strong, brave, beautiful and intelligent; does that describe you?

ALchymist.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:48:51 AM by Alchymist »
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 05:19:54 AM »

Welcome back Daring_One. :)  Some of us have been here that long since you were here.  Do you recall what handle you used before?  We can change your name back to old one, if you like.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 05:56:17 AM »

Thank you for the welcome MoonlitWings! Must admit that when you said to do both this woman's cosplay of Harley is what came to mind  :D

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 06:16:00 AM »

Wowee that's some out fit and body ! Hello and welcome x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Daring_One

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:59 AM »

Wowee that's some out fit and body ! Hello and welcome x

LMAO my thoughts exactly, wish I could pull that off! While being a momma of five is an amazing gift, it does not do much for the tightness of the tummy  :( Oh well, my littlest is only just two so it's okay to be softer right now in my book.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up