Welcome, Guest
June 20, 2018, 10:02:24 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 918 times)

Eurydice

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hello
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:56:08 AM »

Hello! I'm Eurydice. I've been on my path since I was 14, or so, and in October I will be 26. Yes I was one of those. In the last two years I've gone through a great many things. I bought my own house, started my career, and had a little bit of a crisis of conscience. My job brings me in touch with a lot of clients, most of them Christian in one form or another. This makes things a little awkward because they ask about my faith, and I struggle with what to say. Many of them would probably turn me away or start preaching hell-fire and brimstone at me. But really it's none of their business what my faith is. It's my faith and what I believe doesn't affect them. It's one of the reasons Christianity never felt right to me. All of the preaching, converting and hypocrisy drove me away. Mostly the hypocrisy, but I also think people need to be able to make their own decisions about faith without being vilified or told that they're going to hell for it.

At this point in my life I feel very close to the Goddess, but I believe in the duality of the divine, that there is both a male and female aspect. I believe that what we put out comes back to us, and that those who harm others will one day see their actions repaid, in this life or the next. Other than this I'm still feeling out my faith as until recent years I've had to do so in secret. My mother is a devout Catholic and while my father doesn't really go to church ever, he has very strong feelings about those who he defines as 'non-Christian'. I've lived with them or a roommate off and on for the last 8 years, and it's made things difficult. However, now that I'm in my own home I have the luxury of being able to set up an alter, and I can read my books anywhere in the house without worrying about being harried about my belief.
If I'm sitting I'm knitting!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »

Welcome Eurydice.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »

Welcome to TCC Eurydice.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »

Welcome Eurydice :) Enjoy your journey and enjoy the forum.

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »

welcome

Peridot

• Rowan
  • Feather-brained and fabulous.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »

Welcome!
"May my words, like baby vegetables, be tender and sweet; for I may have to eat them tomorrow."

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 03:52:49 PM »

Welcome to TCC Eurydice. Judging by your screen name, do you have a particular interest in ancient Greece?
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »

Hello Eurydice I do love the name you have chosen. It is definitely connected to ancient Greece,
one of my passions. Welcome to TCC.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

empty6

• Cypress
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 05:55:20 AM »

Welcome Euredyce!
Hope you can feel free at home and here on the forum :)

Eurydice

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »

Ancient history has always been a bit of a passion of mine. I have a Bachelors degree in History and I primarily focused on Ancient times through the Renaissance. And it's my chosen pen name, so whenever (if ever) I get published I'll be using that instead of my actual name.
If I'm sitting I'm knitting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up