Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2019, 11:43:57 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: REINTRODUCTION: um yeah im back, its a long story  (Read 4685 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: REINTRODUCTION: um yeah im back, its a long story
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »

Hat pins didn't know they still made them .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »

Hat pins didn't know they still made them .

My grandmother, rest her soul, used to use them but I don't think I've even seen one for decades...... many Steampunk women like to wear Victorian-style hats so if you can find one she might know.

But almost anything can be used as a weapon if applied with sufficient force to a vulnerable spot - eyes, throat, ...... and other places  :-[ :-[ .... A key, a comb, a rolled-up newspaper or magazine, body parts such as elbows and fingers - but we're surely not planning to do serious injury to some poor misbegotten soul whose only offence is trying to save us for Christ?? In a public place simply yelling "Hey! Get away from me! Stop groping me!" at the top of your voice should be sufficient.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Augadelume

• Orange
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 06:21:34 AM »

LOL I agree with Alchy on this one not only would it be a good laugh it would also cause no physical harm to them for all the non fighters at heart  ;D

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »

The best use of a hatpin I EVER saw was Maureen O'Hara in McClintock!
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »

LoL.... And as I remember the result was equally amusing.... ;D ;D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »

Hat pins are still being made and used. I almost bought one not long ago.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 12:37:34 AM »

(at least in the middleofnowhere, Pennsylvania.  people here have a knife on them everywhere you go excluding school, and other obvious places. i personally carry a box cutter from time to time, for utility purposes (and my anxiety, it just makes my little worry some mind more secure).)

the obvious "omg its unsafe for a teenager to have a knife" aren't needed because i know but you would be stereotyping because im not some idiot teen who is gonna mess around with knifes and just carry it nonchalantly through school.i understand that its only for utility/emergencies. i might just make a post about this in kiva so i can go more in depth but this wasnt intended to be a long ranting reply but it happened. Thanks  ;D

When I was a kid, from about age 9 or 10 onwards, I always carried a folding pocket knife, even at school; we all did. We used them for cutting string, carving bits of wood, splitting twigs for a campfire, carving our initials on trees and walls (I know, I know, any kid doing that nowadays would get arrested for vandalism, but times were different in the 1950s). I don't recall anyone ever getting hurt with one. We never thought of them as weapons, merely tools.

And I've carried one just about ever since. Working, as I did, as a sailing instructor and in boat maintenance and delivery, in mineral exploration and prospecting, and in boatbuilding and woodworking shops, you won't get far without a good sharp knife. The only times I don't carry a knife on my belt is if I'm flying on a commercial aircraft. My present general purpose knife is a heavy Schrade Uncle Henry locking folder which I bought in truly appalling condition at a backyard sale in, of all places, Mexico some years ago for some ridiculous price like 15 Pesos (about  $1.20). Badly rusted, the brass parts green with corrosion, the folding and locking mechanism immovable; refurbished, it's a first-rate cutting tool and I never leave the house without it. I've seen Uncle Henry's of similar vintage for sale on Ebay for upwards of $60. Got myself a bargain, I think.

Here in Canada it's perfectly legal, at the moment; it probably wouldn't be in Britain, and in a few other countries also. I must confess I have a real hard time understanding restrictive laws of that type. The current political philosophy seems to be total DEregulation for big corporations, and more and more and yet more rules and regulations for the common riffraff like the rest of us.....  Must be that New World Order we keep hearing about ...... though I must say I strongly suspect it's really the Old World Order trying to drag us all back to the Dark Ages.

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up