Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
Hello
Welcome, Guest
April 09, 2020, 06:03:05 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3024 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »

I have no issues with people using the term. I personally do not like the word in association with my path. I don't follow a New Age or Neo path.

I work from other paths out of convenience, when I was younger and thought the grass was greener on the other side of the metaphysical fence I did a lot of searching for answers to questions I can't remember.  I completed my year and a day twice, I will never do well with rules.  I worked with a woman who practiced new world voodoo for a number of years, but the christian elements tickle something and my work just never reached its full potential. But I pull from these elements on occasion, especially if the means to the end is simpler.

I don't work outside of my pantheon these days, I just have a whole bunch new tools and tricks to add to the base I wasn't satisfied with when I was 20 but I long ago recognized the peace and the contentment of what I was taught and know as instinctively as breathing brings me the best results and keeps me balanced.

I also do a lot of meditation work, I do Reiki, I am working towards my homeopathic degree and license to prescribe and dispense.  All of which are other paths than my own. I am today the sum of all parts so if eclectic is the accepted label then it is what it is.

Line 1...okay, I get it.  I do.  The whole "New Age" and "neo" are, indeed, well overworked.  Actually quite well beyond overworked.  Thank, if you will, the otherwise mentioned "stable auteurs" for THAT little blown-up microcosm.

Next...I LOVE it!  Working "from other paths out of convenience"!  (I do the same, with my Mediterranean heritage, and all that), We have had SEVERAL other members, past and present, who had the clarity of sight to call it, pretty much, just that.  Doggone few, I'm afraid, with that level of discernment.

While I am accustomed to hearing, over and over, about the "bitter taste", I am also well accustomed to finding out that it was a mutual issue.  Something that healing, (of one form or another), might help alleviate...after all, an "imbalance of humours" is the same as it is the same.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »

So why does "Eclectic" hit a bad note?  I've been happy to see that some people are beginning to embrace it and give it the panache it deserves.  I'd be interested in why you shy away from it.

Hi Daughter of Danu;

To be Eclectic simply means that you think for yourself and use your own judgement instead of just blindly believing what someone else tells you. Be proud of it!

Alchymist

I have no issues with people using the term. I personally do not like the word in association with my path. I don't follow a New Age or Neo path. I am not solitary.

I work from other paths out of convenience, when I was younger and thought the grass was greener on the other side of the metaphysical fence I did a lot of searching for answers to questions I can't remember.  I completed my year and a day twice, I will never do well with rules.  I worked with a woman who practiced new world voodoo for a number of years, but the christian elements tickle something and my work just never reached its full potential. But I pull from these elements on occasion, especially if the means to the end is simpler.

I don't work outside of my pantheon these days, I just have a whole bunch new tools and tricks to add to the base I wasn't satisfied with when I was 20 but I long ago recognized the peace and the contentment of what I was taught and know as instinctively as breathing brings me the best results and keeps me balanced.

I also do a lot of meditation work, I do Reiki, I am working towards my homeopathic degree and license to prescribe and dispense.  All of which are other paths than my own. I am today the sum of all parts so if eclectic is the accepted label then it is what it is.

fascinating... welcome to TCC.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

empty6

• Cypress
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »

welcome daughter of danu :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up