Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2018, 03:00:32 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Healing from Major Emotional Trauma - Pagan Path Plays What Role?  (Read 2877 times)

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
Re: Healing from Major Emotional Trauma - Pagan Path Plays What Role?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 05:58:12 AM »

I think this could be problematic depending on how you go about finding the truth. All religions are man made expressions of faith towards whatever powers that be that they may believe. Many signs that come from those belief systems are privy to whatever religious training and understanding and faith an individual or group. The stories, myths, legends, whatever you wish to call them are partly based in life and partly edited to support some moral or ethical statement.
The unfortunate thing about Christianity is that the bible has been translated far too many times, sometimes poorly, as well as added to, subtracted from and changed at will, and then taught as fact brought on by divine intervention. The King James bible being the more famous when it comes to that.
In finding the truth we all base that truth on personal experience, religious understanding and whatever understanding we might glean from our own beliefs or lack there of. One person's truth in that light can be someone else exact polar opposite in experience.
Personally when it comes to religion of any flavor I have a somewhat healthy skepticism and lean more towards developing a somewhat fluid personal spiritual practice based on trial and error in what works for me. What I do might not necessarily be that helpful or true to anyone else, but if it works for me and fits into my personal ideals and beliefs then its in. I've probably discarded far more than I've incorporated, and most of what I keep is pretty down to earth and balanced in my book, so it works for me. I expect it will continue this way as I expect it to be a life-long course of study along with trial and error.
Bring it on!  8)
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 25+ years.

pencils

• Willow
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »

All religions are man made expressions of faith . . .

Unless you are one of the many faiths that believes it is the ONLY TRUE WORD.  This is where I feel Paganism is vastly more honest about it.

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 04:54:30 AM »

All religions are man made expressions of faith . . .

Unless you are one of the many faiths that believes it is the ONLY TRUE WORD.  This is where I feel Paganism is vastly more honest about it.

Yes, well... Belief and fact are two different things. It's unfortunate so many don't realize that but I suppose when people are desperate they will believe anything and teach what they believe as fact.

And yes, most pagans do recognize that. I know I find that refreshing.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 25+ years.

KittyKat

• Rowan
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just very relaxed." -Anon :P
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 09:27:30 PM »

Pencils, a lot of what you've gone through and are trying to figure out really rings a bell with me. If you want to talk about a bunch of stuff, feel free to pm me. I also come from a Christain background, had the falling out and realization of how unreal the beliefs felt and whatnot. Along with a tough family life. I hope you're doing nothing well and more answers have come to you about what you believe in and where you belong.

~Blessed Be~
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Lewis Carroll

Bastet31

• Fir
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 01:12:11 AM »

Pencils, I'm really sorry you went through a lot of trauma in your life. You do realise you have a lot of strength in you? It takes ALOT to open up and talk about stuff like that. It's better than hiding it under the surface for it to fester.

Are you relevantly new to the Pagan path? I genuinely hope you find what you are looking for. I've actually learned a lot more from being Spiritual than following Catholicism (I believe in Jesus, Virgin Mary and the Holy Spirit but feel the church itself is too constrictive). Also God and Goddess has many facets! Definitely more drawn to Wiccan believes and principles.

The best advice I can offer you is be strong, accept what's happened and move on. If it's still blocking you, you may have to decided at some point to face it head on and confront it.

I was badly bullied in high school because I had a stammer. The ones in high school called me stupid, belittled me (names they called me, I don't think is appropriate to post on this forum).

I understand that your confidence and trust has been shattered; but please know you're not alone :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up