Welcome, Guest
September 18, 2019, 12:20:21 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi All! I'm a newbie  (Read 1546 times)

scotty2016

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hi All! I'm a newbie
« on: June 24, 2015, 07:19:52 PM »

Hi all!

My name is Scotty. I'm not sure where to start -- I'm not even sure where I am in life spiritually. I am 25 and a grad student. I grew up in a large family in the middle of no where. Anyway, a long story short, I was lucky enough to have 12 years of my life with my great grandmother. She instilled in me a love and respect of nature. She used it for everything; always telling me that nature held answers to all of our questions. Needless to say I would love to understand what she meant -- that journey has led me here. I have a deep love of nature and I am always hiking in my free time-- always peaceful. I recently learned that most of the people reading this so have a respect for nature.  I hope to learn a lot.

Thanks for reading! I hope to make some new friends here. Sorry for typos -- I'm on my phone.

Scotty

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
Re: Hi All! I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:12 PM »

Welcome to TCC Forum Scotty. Take a look around at the various threads, especially the "sticky" ones, for a truly vast amount of information useful both for the newcomer and the experienced seeker. Go slowly, don't be afraid to ask questions (even daft sounding ones! ;D). One of us is sure to point you to an answer; maybe not the answer, but an answer nevertheless.

Above all; think for yourself. If something doesn't feel right for you, no matter who said it, perhaps make a note of it, but you don't have to blindly follow it just because one of us (or anyone else) swears it's the truth. We're all flawed human beings walking (in some cases, stumbling) along our chosen Paths.

May your Path bring you joy, love, wisdom and adventure. Blessed Be,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »

Greetings Scotty enjoy your journey .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »

Welcome to TCC, Scotty.  If you can remember any of the things your Grandmother told/taught you, write them down.  You may have some of the answers you seek in her words.  :D  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »

Hello Scotty nice to meet you.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »

Hello Scotty, nice to meet you as well :)

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »

Welcome to TCC Scotty.

scotty2016

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:55 AM »

Thanks everyone!

It's great to see such welcoming comments. Some of things my great gram would tell me had to do with using nature as a means to stay calm, to heal physical and emotional ailments, and that we all are part of nature not separate from it. I do not know if she was Pagan or Wiccan -- but she celebrated solstices and other holidays. She considered herself "Jewish" because she came from a Reform Jewish family from Germany. She talked of her father studying Kabbalah-- a Jewish mystical text. When anyone was sick they would come visit her, not for some magical cure, but to talk. She had a way of calming anyone by talking. A few years ago, I experimented a very bad time in my life and decided to hike. I found a tree that for some reason reminded me of being home and walking the forest with my great gram. Then it hit me, she always said nature was the answer for everything -- that gave me peace -- but I had no idea what I was asking or seeking-- only that I'm drawn to nature, deeply.  I've told a few people about this but they always laugh and say it's crazy. It may be, but I feel very passionate about this (what ever this is).
A friend of mine suggested that I may have found my "path" in life and he suggested I look into Wicca.  So here I am. Again, sorry for typos, I am typing on my phone.

Thanks again all!
Scotty

scotty2016

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »

I also wanted to mention that I live and grew up in a very small community -- full of Christians. My family had to keep secret that they had Jewish ancestry -- these are hardcore extremist. I will definitely have to keep the fact that I am interested in Wicca a secret for now as well. I like where I live, I have a huge property, secluded, with a lot of forest.

Has everyone else had to deal with keeping their interest in Wicca a secret ?

Scotty

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »

Oh I have Scotty, though in my case, it's not Wicca, but witchcraft in general. I grew up in a Christian family and I disliked it mainly because the whole being instilled with fear of Hell and God. A few years back from now, I researched what I could secretly because I didn't know what Wicca was. Fell in love with witchcraft, Wicca, etc (I had an interest in the occult for a long time though) and started looking into more what my own personal path was. After my sister ratted me out to my mother, all hell broke loose (xD totally not in a literal sense..would have been interesting though) and I was soon banned from talking to fellow witches on TCC, let alone use this website. I was forced to throw out all of my books and she tried to have me throw out my stone/crystal collection.I was also close to being kicked out of the house and shipped off to my Catholic grandmother's house in Tennessee. The stones/crystals and the herbs I grew for cooking (wink) were the only things I ended up being allowed to keep. Today, I still secretly come on TCC, but it's hard to read about stuff with family around, let alone do rituals. I mainly just observe the sabbats and esbats when I am able to and do little things for the occasion until I am able to move out. My mom knows that I dislike the Bible and my views on deity is different than their, so she tries to just talk about Christianity with my sister. Now, I wear a pentacle at work and haven't had any issues with customers or associates over it since it usually stays under my clothes or flips over, but never wear it at home. Once I move out with my bf, I will be buying the books I had to throw away out and focus on meditating and grounding much more since I will not be surrounded by such negative and toxic people.

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 06:58:02 AM »

Welcome Scotty, I hope you find what you are looking for. Myself, I have kept my chosen religion a secret for a long time. Just recently I told my husband and daughters. They have accepted me to a certain extent. I think it is just because they don't understand it and their grandmother is so religious. Anyway, good luck! I agree with Arnemetia. Do you best to write down everything you can remember from your grandmother. You will understand it all in time.

MW
Blessed Be!
Pages: [1]   Go Up