Welcome, Guest
May 21, 2018, 03:33:25 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A derail of the "jewelry" thread.  (Read 3444 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
A derail of the "jewelry" thread.
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:49:36 AM »

Has your jewelry ever had a positive impact on your life, as it pertains to dealing with others?

I'll offer this...Many of you are aware, (and of course, now you're ALL aware), that I am disabled.  After years and years in the facilities engineering departments I am listed as a supervisory master.  But, I can no longer walk around getting things done.  A couple of years ago the wife's car needed a battery.  We went into our local national chain parts store, whence I'd gone for parts before...for cars and other machinery.  Nice guys.  Helpful.  Reasonably.  I approached the counter ready to give the details when another guy walked up and said, "I got this" to a younger fellow behind the counter.  Evidently he is the new manager.  He wears a very nice and fairly discrete pentacle ring.

After a wink and a nod, I am listed in the computer for the "trade price".
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Valerie

• Ash
Re: A derail of the "jewelry" thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:01:09 PM »

Hey am impressed, nice when folk do things like that x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:58:59 PM »

Cool! a sweet deal.

If I gave you a list........... :-p
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »

We do tend to favor our own kind , do we not ?
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 07:49:07 PM »

Yep, we're kinda tribal that way.  I just get all warm and fuzzy when I see someone wearing a pentagram. 
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »

Warm Ashe okay but fuzzy , damn next thing we know is you'll have a bunny  :-p

post script : was going to say something else about the fuzzy but don't want to get into trouble again ;D ;D
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »

LOL.  Schoolmarm by day, but I'm off duty now.... ;D

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »

Were you are they are still in school ?. All the little bugger have been out for 2 weeks here . Schoolmarm my left EYE  ;D ;D :-p :-p

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »

post script : was going to say something else about the fuzzy but don't want to get into trouble again ;D ;D
Shhh.  No one is supposed to know about the bunny...

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 05:11:33 AM »

Shhh.  No one is supposed to know about the bunny...
Awe, you have a bunny? I just have a kitty...

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »

I thought bunnies were supposed to be fluffy, not fuzzy. It's logic that's fuzzy. Or me, when I haven't had enough sleep, like this morning for example. Having to consciously think through everything...... "Eggs, right, in the fridge, second shelf, on the left..... tea, in the cupboard over the stove..... where are the cups? Okay, here.... "

Recording session for our CD this afternoon. I might even stay awake through it.....

My pentacle is fairly large, about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, made by me, but I don't wear it all the time. Our old '99 Ford Windstar carries a bumper sticker, "My other car is a broomstick" - my wife's doing, not mine - which is enough of a target in this predominantly Evangelical Christian part of the world; someone seems to have tried to scrape it off, as one corner is missing, so it's held in place with fibreglass tape. I've only ever had one person remark on it, humourously, in the parking lot of our Save-On-Foods store. No rocks through the windshield or Jack Chick tracts under our wipers, thankfully.

Need to snooze a bit. Back later today, probably.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »

Years ago in and Antique mall saw a two rings , gold with a circular top ; one had a cross the other a pentacle . Looking at the ring with the pentacle the lady showed me that center turned on it center to show a cross on the other side . See had a few made for people that wanted to wear it but hide their true nature from others . That was in the late 70's . The thing nowadays is there are people that wear the symbol for shock value and know nothing of the meaning .

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »

Recording session for our CD this afternoon. I might even stay awake through it.....

No rocks through the windshield or Jack Chick tracts under our wipers, thankfully.

Good stuff!

Do they still even MAKE Chick tracts?  Oy...

(Edit to add):  HEY!  Whaddaya know!  They DO!

http://www.chick.com/seasonal/halloween/2014/
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »

No rocks through the windshield or Jack Chick tracts under our wipers, thankfully.

Good stuff!

Do they still even MAKE Chick tracts?  Oy...

(Edit to add):  HEY!  Whaddaya know!  They DO!

http://www.chick.com/seasonal/halloween/2014/

HOLY SHIT! That's Fk'n scary. Glad we don't have that stuff here!  :o :o :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Twixt

• Fir
  • Not all who wander are lost
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

Coming from a Christian background and surroundings, those Chick tracks scare me, too... I gotten stuff like that before, and even when I still believed blew it off, because they tend to always seem to come from the nuttiest nuts... As for jewelry helping, I haven't seen much of that yet. I gets remarks all the time about my necklace. Bought a beautiful copper tree of life pendant with a pearl wired in off of Etsy, everyone remarks on it. Now, I did get a lot of knowing looks and winks when I still wore my cross...
Save the Earth!! It's the only planet with chocolate!!

Live well, laugh often, love much.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up