Pros & Cons Article from January 2022 Inner Circle Newsletter
Spells can work magic in your life but there can be challenges too. Below is a quick overview of some of the benefits and challenges you may experience when doing spellwork. The benefits are listed first, followed by common challenges. As you overcome the challenges the benefits will begin to flow into your life automatically!
Spell Casting Benefits
1. The personal energy you contribute to spellwork can be very rewarding, bringing threefold returns on the effort you invest. When you invest wisely in positive energy the returns can be amazing.
2. Casting a spell helps you focus on what’s truly important to you and what you want to draw more of into your life
3. Spellwork increases your awareness of the energy in everything around you as you learn how to work with it.
4. Spells are very versatile. They can be used to improve all aspects of your life, and can be as simple or as complicated as you want them to be.
5. Best of all, you are never working alone. The Universe has your back and is always working with you to help you solve problems and improve your life and the world around you.
Spell Casting Challenges
1. You may be tempted to use a spell to influence or control someone or something. Magic happens naturally when you work WITH the energies around you and it’s a wonderful way to draw positive things into your life. However trying to use magic to control something or someone else can have negative consequences. Avoid the temptation to cast this type of spell.
2. You can sometimes be too tired after a long stressful day to invest the extra energy required. Attempting spellwork when you are tired can be challenging..
3. It can be hard to get into a positive frame of mind for casting a spell when people and events in your life are bringing you down. Try relaxing in a warm bath or a few minutes of meditation to release the day’s stress before doing your spellwork.
4. Finding the right words for your spell can be challenging as well. If the words of someone else truly inspire you, feel free to use them. Many use poems or chants in their rituals. However, when you want to communicate with the Divine regarding your personal magical goals, words that come straight from your heart are usually the most effective.
5. The challenge of not having all the proper tools or ingredients is a concern for many. This is at the bottom of the list because the most essential items you need for any spell (your thoughts and feelings) are always within you and many other tools can be gathered from the natural world around you. When you make the very best of what you already have, you will be given more.